It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• my body is being hijacked by this overwhelming force

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
    Codydela
    (male)

Codydela HB User
    my body is being hijacked by this overwhelming force

Theres a certain perpetual pain I can't control, and it's not even that it hurts either. It's just…. numb… The numbness grows to a point where it infiltrates my mind and I'm forced to consciously take notice. It continues and continues to grow and grow exponentially. It finally consumes my mind, I can't help but to get abducted and forcefully thrown into a state of fear and impending doom. First I get frustrated and start pacing because have no control and I have no clue why my body is being hijacked by this overwhelming force, then I feel the tears start running down my cheeks like they're trying to get away from this too. After the tears, I feel my body start uncontrollably shaking. Inside my mind theres I have no control of where my thought processes go or what I choose to think about. I'm literally a frightened passenger at this point. I feel like theres a certain darkness that swaddles me in frozen blankets. The cold radiates through my whole body down to the bone. My lungs have been shrunken to the size of a dolls. My breath gets shorter and shorter. I'm convinced that moment I'm in is my last. The darkness starts to close in on my vision. I can close my eyes but it still inches. Just thinking about it gives me that familiar cold chill skipping up and down my spine. Usually I just cry and try to get comfortable on my trip to hell and back. It hardly lasts over half an hour or so but it feels like much longer when you're trapped inside your head.

This is my best interpretation of explaining how an anxiety attack feels for me. Id like to hear others experiences and what you think about mine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, experience, panic disorder