It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety Breathing Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2016, 03:34 AM   #1
    Shacoby88
    (male)

Shacoby88 HB User
    Unhappy Anxiety Breathing Problems

Hi all, I just wanted to write in today because I'm scared about some breathing problems I am having. I have been to the doctors numerous times but nothing is wrong! I have been having this breathing problem where I get a tight throat and feel like I am severely short of breath. Does anybody else have this problems? Sometimes it wakes me up at night. Doctors have promised me I'm okay but I just feel so alone and feel like I'm just going to stop breathing. It's mostly in the afternoon or at night time? My neck muscles get so sore like I'm tensing.... Sorry to go on about this but I just don't think this is normal. I've noticed when I play a game or try take my mind off it, it starts to go away.... also it feels hard to breathe out.... Please and thank you

The following user gives a hug of support to Shacoby88:
    movielover40 (12-01-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2016, 02:39 AM   #2
    DanD90
    (male)

DanD90 HB User
    Re: Anxiety Breathing Problems

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shacoby88 View Post
    Hi all, I just wanted to write in today because I'm scared about some breathing problems I am having. I have been to the doctors numerous times but nothing is wrong! I have been having this breathing problem where I get a tight throat and feel like I am severely short of breath. Does anybody else have this problems? Sometimes it wakes me up at night. Doctors have promised me I'm okay but I just feel so alone and feel like I'm just going to stop breathing. It's mostly in the afternoon or at night time? My neck muscles get so sore like I'm tensing.... Sorry to go on about this but I just don't think this is normal. I've noticed when I play a game or try take my mind off it, it starts to go away.... also it feels hard to breathe out.... Please and thank you
    Hi Shacoby - yes i've been having the exact same problem as you recently. At first I thought it was asthma, which i've been getting worse lately anyway and had an asthma attack, but it was predominantly brought on by the anxiety that made it worse.

Everything you describe, feeling like your slowly drowning, like you can't drink - and if you do you have to be quick to regain your breath, I have been getting all those things. I keep waking up at night feeling hyperactive and like my body is saying be careful, because I could lose breath in my sleep.

Like you mention, i've found that getting distracted with other things is the best thing for the anxiety, because it can't attack you like when your doing nothing at all.

Are you taking any medication for your anxiety? Most of my symptoms are from coming off Prednisolone, because I never felt anxiety like this until I started taking them. I hope you find more remedies soon... just know your not alone, i'm in the same boat as you too!

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, breathing, depression, ocd