It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Downward spiral!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
    zipster
    Veteran
    (female)

zipster HB User
    Downward spiral!

I suffer with health anxiety since i became ill with m.e/cfs 16yrs ago. Everytime i get a new symptom that doesn't go away in a few weeks i start getting anxious and go to drs and then all the tests start and then my anxiety worsens. I had been doing ok until 2 months ago i got food poisoning (campylobacter) and since then i haven't felt well. I plodded on with mild anxiety and thoughts popping in my head but pushed them away. I had a left sided back ache/pain, sweating and ended up going to the drs last week and she said the back ache was too high up to be kidneys and sounded more muscular skeletal but asked me to do a urine test. The urine had traces of blood but no infection so she referred me to a urologist. I have sat googling symptoms and convinced myself i am dying and now my anxiety is sky high again, it cosumes my mind. I am even dreaming about death, my heads awful now, dizzy foggy feeling and generally feel crap. I keep prodding and poking my back and now because it's worse i am thinking it's all because something sinister is going on.My mind won't switch off 24/7, it's a constant mind chatter and battle in my head. I am worn out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
    pilinisesi
    (female)

pilinisesi HB User
    Re: Downward spiral!

I know it's tempting to go and search and try to figure out what it's going on with your body. but since you suffer from anxiety I would recommend staying away from it. You should instead try to direct that energy on a walk, yoga or maybe meditation. whatever you like to do to stay active. and if you don't have something maybe you can dive in to something new. also are you treating your anxiety? if yes, good job also try talking to your therapist about ways to cope with your anxiety, and if no, then you should first seek help for that. good luck and try to remain positive.
    also look up breathing exercises to help with anxiety.

Closed Thread