It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone have a bad experience with Lexapro?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
    dooey1
    (female)

dooey1 HB User
    Anyone have a bad experience with Lexapro?

I've been taking Lexapro for anxiety for a few months (this is the latest medication ... I have also taken a number of other SSRIs and one SNRI) and am having a really rough time on the Lexapro. I started taking it in the late summer and had a really rough time coming onto it for the first week-to-10-days but the side effects mostly went away. Recently though, I had a re-surge in anxiety and my doctor increased my dosage to 20 mg from 10 mg. I have had decreased appetite and near-constant anxiety. I have lost nearly 20 pounds in a few months and this is very concerning. I also take Ambien for chronic insomnia and have been having serious trouble with what feels like an "ambien hangover" in the mornings, particularly driving into the office.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist next Monday to discuss options, but in the meantime, I was hoping to find someone else who hasn't had a great experience with Lexapro. Most people I talk to/read about think it's the greatest thing ever, and I'm feeling like there's something wrong with me that I'm not having that same experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
    Wendy792
    (female)

Wendy792 HB User
    Re: Anyone have a bad experience with Lexapro?

Lexipro was horrible for me as well. Same as Paxil. Made my anxiety 1000 times worse. What worked for me was Ativan. Saved my life. My theory is this... everyone's "trigger" for panic and anxiety is different. For me, when I don't feel well, my anxiety is worse. So taking a medication that made me feel like crap, wasn't helping. Best of luck!

Old 01-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
    dooey1
    (female)

dooey1 HB User
    Re: Anyone have a bad experience with Lexapro?

Thanks - I got off of the lexapro and am ramping back up on Zoloft which has worked for me in the past. I agree about the Ativan - it really is a lifesaver.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lexapro anxiety depression, side effects