It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• My problem with Health Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
    SupSnip
    (male)

SupSnip HB User
    My problem with Health Anxiety

Hi everyone I'm an 18 year old college student and I suffer from Health Anxiety. I made this thread because I had some questions regarding my current situation.

Earlier last week one of my friends decided to brag about how he has tinnitus and that it was "incurable" and such. And because I suffer from Health Anxiety, anything relating to a minor pain in the elbow sends me spiraling down depression and anxiety ally.

So now I keep thinking that I have tinnitus every time I put on my earphones or I'm sitting in an empty room. And the worst part about it is that I always and I mean ALWAYS think about small problems. Best part is when I think about the ringing in my ear, my head starts to get light headed and I feel like blacking out. There's a slight ringing on my right ear for most likely my entire life and I was curious if anyone hears it too every since they were born. And before you guys do ask me if I listen to music and watch videos on high volume, I don't. I like to keep most of the things I listen to at a decent volume and I don't attend concerts at all.

So what do you guys think? Do I actually suffer from Tinnitus? Or is it just the health anxiety making me think I do?

On a side note I had an incident back then regarding my bladder being overactive due to bacteria infection of some sorts and the problem hasn't been gone. The good news is that I've managed to get used to it and it hasn't been bugging me that often in life anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
    Re: My problem with Health Anxiety

The problem is for us with health anxiety we tend to pay attention to every small thing and focus on it way too much! Try not too think about it and busy yourself elsewhere. I think we all have some noises in our ears and only notice it when thinking about it. 😁

Last edited by rudiraven; 12-19-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
    AnxietykillinMe
    (male)

AnxietykillinMe HB User
    Re: My problem with Health Anxiety

Hey there. To some degree I believe that anxiety causes tinnitus itself, maybe your friend said he has Meneires disease? Regardless of which I'd rather think that was my worst problem rather than the things that I actually worry about which I won't say what exactly because I don't want to project my fears onto you because I know how this goes, I have health anxiety too. Embrace the tinnitus you could be thinking you have something much worse, I wish that's what I worried about. Having said that, I know it's hard whether you think you have tinnitus or your ears gunna fall off. Hang in there. Anxiety makes my ringing in my ears worse and recently o had a sinus infection that made it near impossible to hear anything over the ringing it was terrible. Also, ear infections as a kid could be causing some of it as well. And one more thing, if you're not sure if you cured your UTI and are still having urinary frequency, urgency, or pain go see a doctor about it. You're never gunna learn to live with UTI symptoms it'll just get worse, you need to fix it with antibiotics. Unless you mean after you cured your UTI you had problems with frequency? Whichever it is might wanna look into that further unless a doctor has told you that it won't be any different for the rest of your life which doesn't make any sense.

Best regards,

AKM

Closed Thread