It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Pre-Holiday Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
    HilaryT
    (female)

HilaryT HB User
    Pre-Holiday Anxiety

Been having a lot of stress (who hasn't LOL) about having to move after living here for 12 years. In my neck of the woods, Section 8 is not well received and there's no law/ordinance about having to accept it. So I've been frantically looking since Sept, always one step behind other people in my situation. To add to the fun, I have a Service Animal that is also hampering me, despite it being a Federal law to accept her. If anyone is interested in that story, reply to this and I'll tell you what happened; it's a detailed story and I don't want to go on and on here
    In any case, I'm here to try and relieve my anxiety of the day...I'm trying to find a place to live, and today is a Friday before a holiday, and Monday will be useless as well. Frankly, the reality is there's probably not going to be anything until January. The county here uses a 20-day notice (even for disabled) so that adds to the fun. It wouldn't be so bad except I have to find a place that's $700 or less, and I'm living in a $900 area. But I'm blessed in that I have a car and can go anywhere in the county or the next county down, unlike other people here who are also affected but have to stay near a bus route or bike route.
    I've been finding the most wondrous places but they learn about the Section 8 and they say no. sigh I keep telling myself to hang in there, but it's a daily rollercoaster ride of "Found a place!! Yay!!" followed by "No Section 8" CRASH
    My shrink is concerned about me and has gone so far as to arrange for a case manager...who is a really really nice individual but so far isn't much help. She has a real concern for my situation, I appreciate that, but I get the feeling she's not trying to help me avert disaster so much as she's waiting to pick up the pieces. sigh
    OK, well, I'll stop here. Thanks for listening, I do feel a little better after putting it all down, but the gnaw is still there. GRRR at stalemate

On the bright side, I have the ingredients to make brownies

The following user gives a hug of support to HilaryT:
    Dragonfly Wings (12-24-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2016, 12:41 AM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: Pre-Holiday Anxiety

YAY on the brownies! That is one good bit of news!

I am unsure what section 8 means, but I wish you all the best with finding suitable accommodation very soon to help ease your anxiety levels!

Cheers,
    K.

Closed Thread