It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Fear of peeing myself

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
    Gigiz
    (female)

Gigiz HB User
    Fear of peeing myself

I've been reading some of the threads on here and only a few relate to my situation. During a mock exam, I had almost wet myself in a hall full of students that knew me. I had drank 3 bottles of water that day and was not allowed to leave the 2 hour exam to go to the toilet. I was not traumatised by this but a few months later I was taking a French test and needed the toilet again, so I put my hand up and asked my teacher if I could go to the toilet and she said I couldn't because I hadn't finished my test, so I started to have a panic attack because I didn't want to pee myself in front of everybody and I didn't want to be embarrassed or known as the girl that peed herself. Now this have become more consistent, before every lesson I have, I will go to the toilet and also during that lesson I will leave to go to the toilet, I won't drink anything before and during school so I know that I won't pee myself. I won't physically need the toilet but i will trick myself into thinking I do, and because of this I have panic attacks and waves of anxiety wash over me. This is affecting my life dramatically because I'm not paying attention to my classes, I'm getting dehydrated and I have GCSEs relatively soon which means I need to concentrate on getting good grades. I've even debated whether or not to go to school because of this. I just want it to end. It didn't used to be bad but it's gotten worse as I've reacted to it. I know I'm not going to pee myself because I have good control of my bladder and I'm causing this on myself. But this only happens at school because I'm scared of being made fun of and embarrassing myself by peeing myself. It springs up when I'm in a situation where I can't leave or it would be awkward if I leave, for example watching a video or if the teacher is talking and I have to sit there and listen. But if it's class work when I can talk to my friends and the teacher just sets us something to do and leaves us to it then I'll be fine. I can distract myself with my friends and I know that if I need the toilet, I can leave and all the attention won't be on me. I've tried to distract myself by counting backwards from 100 but I'll say to myself in my head that I'm going to pee myself. I think it comes out the most when I have nobody to talk to or when the class is silent. I hate it, I've tried to explain it to my family but they don't understand it, I've asked my mum to book me in to see somebody like a counciller and she said that she'd get round to it. It's really affecting me because I want to get somewhere in life and I need to get good grades if I want to succeed but I can't concentrate with this constant fear and I'm not learning anything

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread