It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• A Longstanding Return of Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
    Holcy11
    (male)

Holcy11 HB User
    Question A Longstanding Return of Anxiety

I have been suffering for a few months now with a bunch of symptoms related with anxiety, including stomach pain, dizziness, and uneasiness leading to panic attacks. The only sense of release I get is from burping, which I find strange.

The thing is that I've never been one to stress, and I was under no stress at the time of the first panic attack.

I've had this before, 6 years ago. It lasted about a month before I went back to my old self.

This episode has been going for a little over a month now and has put a massive strain on my independence. I've had to quit work, and my final year of uni is approaching soon. I'm scared it won't end before then, or ever.

Luckily I can still exercise, and function semi-normally, but I feel like I've lost control of my body.

I would love to return to work and feel comfortable again. I'm talking to a therapist and a nutritionist in order to try and bring back a sense of normality to my life.

I cant shake the feeling that it's more of a medical issue (or at least it began as a medical issue) due to my complete lack of stress and totally laid-back nature, but I feel like that's a common trait for people with anxiety.

Can anyone help me with these symptoms?

- Pain in abdomen
    - Pulsating abdomen (with heartbeat)
    - Panic attack after eating a heavy meal

^^^ I feel like these are what's getting in the way of everything right now, if anyone has any idea about what I should be doing to aid these things, please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 03:30 AM   #2
    Holcy11
    (male)

Holcy11 HB User
    Talking Re: A Longstanding Return of Anxiety

Okay, so, really weird, but I just kind of curled my legs up to my chest and something shifted in my abdomen. It felt like a pop. The pulsating as well as all other symptoms are gone. Very weird. Anxiety is lifted for the first time in a month. Will update on whether it comes back tomorrow morning. Strange that this happened so closely after my desperate post.

Closed Thread

Tags
    answers, anxiety, panic attack, questions for doctor, relapse