It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Relationship ended due to anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
    Brooklyn586
    (female)

Brooklyn586 HB User
    Relationship ended due to anxiety

I have been with a very sweet and lovIng man the past year. I loved him very much. He broke up with me a couple days after Christmas. It's what took for me to finally be diagnosed with Anxiety. II started counseling this past week, and Lexapro today. I knew something was wrong with me but I just thought I had a stressful year. It's what pushed him away. How could he be happy with me when I couldn't even be happy with myself. I am heartbroken. Now that I am aware of what I have I am going to fight hard to overcome this. But I also want to work on our relationship, but he wants no part of that. It makes me feel so much worse knowing that.

The following user gives a hug of support to Brooklyn586:
    Dragonfly Wings (01-07-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Relationship ended due to anxiety

Hi Brooklyn586,

Quote:
    It's what took for me to finally be diagnosed with Anxiety. II started counseling this past week, and Lexapro today.
    What you are doing for yourself is awesome and you should be proud of yourself for taking that first step towards better Mental Health.

I am sorry you lost an important person in your life before you understood and were diagnosed with Anxiety. Anxiety can be very difficult for the person living it but it can also be difficult for those in your life.

Quote:
    I also want to work on our relationship, but he wants no part of that.
    It's okay Brooklyn, let him go. Maybe that relationship was not meant to be and down the road you will meet that special person who accepts you for you, anxiety and all.

Put your focus into you and what needs to be done to become mentally healthier.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
    Brooklyn586
    (female)

Brooklyn586 HB User

Thank you. I am. Just so hard to accept when you know you were the cause of it and I truly loved him.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #4
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

Your relationship not working isn't all your fault. It takes two, working together, to make it work. Please don't take on the relationship falling apart as solely your fault, it's not.

If he truly loved you he would have stayed by your side. Instead he made the choice to leave instead of trying to make it work even after learning your problem is anxiety.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy61 For This Useful Post:
    kanded (01-07-2017)
    Old 01-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
    kanded
    (female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

I agree with Snoopy. If he was truly in love with you he would have stayed by your side and tried to help you work through it. He apparently couldn't find enough strength in himself to help you. You want a strong man to lean on and be your helpmate, the same way you would need to help him when he needed it.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #6
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hugs to you on the loss of your relationship but good on you for getting yourself the help you need. It is one of the toughest things to do and it sounds as though you're doing a really fantastic job, you should be proud of yourself

Any person who would push you away and leave you because of this, is most certainly not worth your time (I know, so much easier said than done!).

I hope in the future when you're ready the right person comes along and you can experience the wonders of true love <3

Well done again on your health!
    K.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:48 AM   #7
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User

Sorry for what happen to you. Please focus on yourself. How are you doing on
    the Lexapro ? I'm on it also.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #8
    Brooklyn586
    (female)

Brooklyn586 HB User

It's only been 2 days, and only 5mg. I don't feel any better yet. Dr. said to go to 10mg. after 6 days. Still so painful.

Closed Thread