It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Health anxiety help pls

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
    Ghaa
    (female)

Ghaa HB User
    Health anxiety help pls

Finally I decided to post new thread in the anxiety board.. the past three months and the start of this years are the worst moments in my life. I diagnosed myself with many types of cancer and neurological disorders like MS and ALS. I went to more than 20 doctors now! neurology, dermatology, Bones, General doctors three times, emergencies 3 times, OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY، and Gastrointestinal is the last .. so I did all the tests .. blood,Mri,CT,heart tests,ultrasound for the stomach and ovaries and breast and more. the mri was for me spine, the CT for brain, I did X-ray for my chest. blood test for almost everything liver,kidney I did blood test for all the vitamins and today I got the result for some of the many blood tests and all normal the doctor did a test to check if my body absorb nutrition and of course I did research I saw celiac disease I got scared of it and i cried even before getting the result of the blood test I was scared because celiac will make the risk factor for some cancers higher. I did colonoscopy because my diarrhea and some blood there in stool and the doctor is one of best GI in my country he did it and said your colon is fine only small hemorrhoid. everything has started from my breast when I got burning sensation I googled my symptoms and saw breast cancer and yh it was in October same month of breast cancer awareness. anyway my breasts are normal. then I started developing fear of any symptom. I was checking my moles all the time scared of skin cancer. I was shaking from how stressed I was I got twitching sensation in my body and electricity flow in my legs. also numbness so I was thinking of MS and ALS I did mri nothing is wrong and it was not als. I went to hosp today because im scared of celiac disease they told me I have dryness when the checked my urine. I went to another hosp I asked the doctor about the test result for absorbing food he said it;s all perfect. I felt happy nut im still can't control my bad thoughts at all Im scared of celiac disease cause I have loose stool but they told me it's alll because of stress. CAN SM1 GIVE ADVICES !!what shout I do. all doctors told me im prefecltly fine it's all stress !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Health anxiety help pls

Ghaa.
    It sounds like time for some professional help with dealing with this anxiety. Speaking to someone ( a therapist) or a behavioral psychologist will help you get these feelings under control. Its apparent that you cannot do this without help.
    Usually, when we are fixated on something being wrong with us, it is because someone we know has gone through a terrible illness or disease; its important to realize that all of these tests and doctors have shown that nothing is wrong physically, now it is time to address the mental possiblities.
    Can you please talk to your primary doctor about a referral for some health anxiety and book an appointment? You need to take care of yourself ; no one is going to be able to convince you that nothing is wrong if the doctors you have seen stil havent been able to find anything wrong with you.
    Best,
    MSNik

Old 01-13-2017, 05:07 AM   #3
    Ghaa
    (female)

Ghaa HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Ghaa.
    It sounds like time for some professional help with dealing with this anxiety. Speaking to someone ( a therapist) or a behavioral psychologist will help you get these feelings under control. Its apparent that you cannot do this without help.
    Usually, when we are fixated on something being wrong with us, it is because someone we know has gone through a terrible illness or disease; its important to realize that all of these tests and doctors have shown that nothing is wrong physically, now it is time to address the mental possiblities.
    Can you please talk to your primary doctor about a referral for some health anxiety and book an appointment? You need to take care of yourself ; no one is going to be able to convince you that nothing is wrong if the doctors you have seen stil havent been able to find anything wrong with you.
    Best,
    MSNik
    Hello MSNik.
    It's true I went to many doctors and I'm still thinking of bad things. After the colonoscopy I felt better but day after I started crying again because of the test that the doctor in another hospital has ordered it's the nutrition absorbing test of course I decided to search in the stupid google because I can't control myself and I saw about the celiac disease it's a sensitivity from wheat and gluten but it's dangerous if not treated by only following strict diet without ay gluten and I saw the symptoms I got scared again and again.. I'm thin I lost weight but it was 40 and 37 im short but my mom is short and one of my aunts is shorter than me anyway.. i told myself i have this thing... because of the diarrhea but only three times maybe and because im thin my hair if falling. I went to my dad crying and i told him i have pain in my stomach i can't breathe i can't sleep i was not able to sleep for one whole day and I was supposed to go to college but I did not go he took me to hospital emergency I went out of the home wearing my slippers because I was not able to think properly. After promising myself that i'll forget everything when the colonscopy is done but .. no. they checked almost everything in the emergency the did blood tests they did sugar test ultrasound for my ovaries, stomach CT scan for brain urine test and they told my body is so dry ((Dryness) I stayed there for 3 hours in the emergency section they told me you are fine. female doctor came to me and asked me If im upset of something college or family I told her I have health anxiety and I had family problems still always fighting and we are not together we are not a happy family my dad is married to another woman also. She told my dad I need to see a psychologist to help me. I was still sad in the emergency room after all the test because I was thinking of test in the other hospital. my dad took me to my grandma house I slept there for 1 hours maybe than we went to the hospital to take the result from the doctor I wanted to stay outside because I was scared but I went inside anyway he told you are fine everything is negative you are totally fine nothing is wrong and no problem with nutrition absorbing in your body I felt much much better I went to the mall my dad bought me a new shoes to wear instead of the slippers and I went to eat I felt so happy but when I get back home the next day I started thinking maybe this test not for celiac disease I searched for the tests done for this but I could not find answer I don't know if it's the right test but the doctor swore that I'm fine he swore and told me his mother is the most important and he swore im fine. I feel better but I scared of this thing... I'm scared it's not the right test I did a stool test and I'm waiting for the result also although my dad said ignore it I said no. Im concerned ') trying to convince myself im fine I did many tests I have no anemia altho im thin my vitamins are all good. praying for god that nothing is wrong with me I want to live happy I went to college yesterday I felt so lost not the same like before. I'll ask my dad to ask the doctor if i the test involve gluten sensitivity. Because the way i described my symptoms to my doctor is kinda the same as the disease. he only did it to make sure he told me to be happy and eat well to gain my weight again he told my father to book an appointment for a psychologist.

Sorry for typing a lot but I feel better this way saying what's inside my heart. and sorry again for the worst grammar.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #4
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Again, there's nothing anyone here is going to be able to offer you in the way of comfort. You need professional, mental help. As I said on the different board you posted on, you post on many boards and we all tell you the same thing. You need to get professional mental help. Until you do so, you're going to be a hamster on a wheel searching for answers that no one can give you. You have had all major tests performed and if there were anything seriously wrong with you it would have been found and treated Please, go get the mental professional help that you need. I find it odd that you will put yourself through all of these other batteries of tests but yet will not make an appointment to speak to a therapist. That is the only way that you'll ever be able to live a normal, healthy and productive life

Old 01-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
    Ghaa
    (female)

Ghaa HB User

I understand that I need a therapist but my fears are controlling me I was perfectly fine and positive before all of this today I have an appointment with a therapist. I woke up today with diarrhea I don't know if this's IBS.. I'll talk to my doctor about it I'm really tired.

Closed Thread