It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
    NeedAnswers215
    (female)

NeedAnswers215 HB User
    Help please

I been having problems with breathing heart palpitations and not sleeping at night for the longest but New Year's Day I woke up out my sleep with symptoms that felt like a heart attack, went to the ER they said I was having a panic attack and sent me home, went back to the hospital 2days later for the same problems they did more lap and ekg didn't find nothing, sent me home with a inhaler, this pass Friday went back to the hospital had a panic attack on the bus they finally found out what the problem is I have generalized anxiety disorder they prescribe me with lorazepam 1mg I felt like that wasn't working for the past 4days I been having 2 attacks per day, so I went to the doctor today and they prescribe me with Paroxetine 20mg they told me to take it in the morning and take the lorazepam at night just want to know if it's safe to take the lorazepam more then once a day cause I'm still feeling anxiety and I can't wait until bedtime to take it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Help please

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NeedAnswers215 View Post
    just want to know if it's safe to take the lorazepam more then once a day cause I'm still feeling anxiety and I can't wait until bedtime to take it.
    How was the lorazepam prescribed? Once a day, twice a day, ect (read the bottle the medication came in)? You need to use your prescription the way it was prescribed. If it was prescribe once a day and you feel you need it more then please speak with your Dr. about increasing the amount you can use.

Lorazepam is a controlled substance, if you use more than allowed you run the risk of not having any when you need it. Even if you have refills you will not be able to refill early. Lorazepam is a Benzodiazepine and can be addictive, but not everyone becomes addicted.

To answer your question --- yes it's safe but if it wasn't prescribed more than once a day then please don't use it more than once a day.

Closed Thread