It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• I need help ... waking with shaking/rapid heart rate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
    pevsfreedom
    (male)

pevsfreedom HB User
    I need help ... waking with shaking/rapid heart rate

Hi - first post here.

Couple things. On Tuesday I went to the doctor because I had pain urinating. Am married, no STD, was told it's a UTI. Given antibiotic. Great (found out at the ER later though that there was no UTI, so that's another unknown).

On Friday morning however I awoke with severe shaking, like all over my body, and a massive heart rate, chest pain, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Full blown 12 hour panic attack. I assumed it was a reaction to the antibiotic. I've had anxiety my whole life but only one previous "huge" panic attack, this being the second. Miserable day.

I awoke Saturday, shaking right out of bed with an insane heart rate. I went to the ER thinking I can't deal with this again. I was told I probably did have a reaction to the antibiotic and had a obviously subsequent panic attack. They gave me a few ativan pills to supposedly help calm me down, though oddly I found benadryl to work better. Saturday I felt about 50% as bad as I did Friday.

Sunday I awoke feeling about 90% normal. No real shaking out of bed. Seemed a decent day.

Monday however (today) I awoke just as bad as I did Saturday. Like my hands are flying around it feels like and my heart is pounding and my chest is vibrating and extremely 'warm' though my body is shivering. It's like violent shivering. I took 2 ativan again this morning but only have 3 left and I know this is just treating the symptoms and not the cause.

I can't go to the ER again in 3 days... it's embarrassing, because it's just "panic" supposedly. I can't see a doctor for weeks or a mental health anyone for probably months (slow VA health care).

I really have no idea what to do. I'm not anxious about anything, everything in my life is going fine. Happily married, bills are paid, etc. But since Friday I'm just being blasted with these severe panic attacks and shaking episodes and I'm really starting to freak out from freaking out. I don't want to go to the ER again because I feel like it's a waste of time and there's nothing medically wrong with me. My hearts been tested to the limit, pee tests are fine, blood tests and x-rays are fine, yet I'm waking up just violently shaking with an increased heart rate. I'm not really mentally freaking out now either... like in my head I'm thinking "Ok it's just shaking and you'll be fine" but my body is just like in a 110% full state of panic.. It's so horrible and weird. What can/should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
    GingerLily12
    (female)

GingerLily12 HB User
    Re: I need help.. waking with shaking/rapid heart rate

I wish I could give you a solution but I haven't found one. Just wanted to reply that I have a similar issue. Basically, in my mind I'm perfectly fine - not freaking out, worrying, etc. Yet my body shakes constantly. I've also had that vibrating chest feeling. Really hot inside. Heart racing at times. I had a lot of ekgs some as I kept going to the ER. I've come to accept this is physical anxiety. ive heard propranolol (beta blocker) can be very effective for this type of anxiety. Maybe look into that. Not habit forming.

Closed Thread