It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Uncontrollable Head Movement.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
    Loooor
    (male)

Loooor HB User
    Angry Uncontrollable Head Movement.

Hello, I'm a teenager.

I think I have some type of anxiety. I uncontrollably shake my head in the middle of a class while i'm writing, or even when i'm using an app to buy coffee I can feel the shake packing up in my neck. It started this year probably about, 1.5 months ago. It's usually only happens when i'm talking to a stranger or someone that's not one of my close friends. I try to control it by clenching my teeth together or even holding my shirt collar and leaning my head against my hand while I make a fist to help it but it gets so tiring. It takes all of my energy to stop them and it happens so much. It happens the most in my geometry class, the teacher has a roaring voice that he shouts with. I sit in the front row and when he raises his voice while he's talking it happens immediately, causing it to be 100% uncontrollable.

I sit in the front row so I feel like everyone's just looking at me while I do it. Today was my breaking point, when he talked loudly and I did it for a good 2 seconds, while I felt like my body was being pushed to the right. They usually just happen and my head twitches and it's done but this time it was extended. No one knows and I will eventually tell my mom if I can't get this problem solved.

Today in my history class people had to be called up to the board to right and I couldn't even think of getting called up without me just feeling lifeless. It felt like i was having some type of panic attack just thinking of my name being called, I wouldn't know what a panic attack feels like because i've never experienced one before. Earlier this year I was called up to read a poem and I could not look anyone in the eyes without my head twitching, so I covered my face causing me to lose points for eye contact and decreasing my grade. I can't even look at the board in my math class without it happening, causing me to not know anything that's going on and I'm to scared to stay after because I feel like i'm gonna twitch while i'm talking to him.

Overall: *It only happens in public. *I don't have to be making eye contact with anyone for it to occur, I could just be doing my work and feel one coming on. *Doesn't only happen in school or when I'm being directed at. *Extreme fright to go up in front of the board and talk or write on it. Any info would help, I'll be checking this daily and if I can't find out what's wrong i'll go to the doctors but I'd rather keep it secret and get the problem solved by myself before it's to late.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
    anonjrh1003
    (female)

anonjrh1003 HB User
    Re: Uncontrollable Head Movement.

Now i obviously please don't take my word for this but i think im experiencing the same thing. I have anxiety so i think that's what is happening. My head also twitches too but for me my mouth twitches more often. I agree with you on how embarrassing it is. Sometimes i worry about it if it's noticeable but that usually just makes it worst. When this happenes i usually just try and take a deep breath and focus on my breathing. Maybe if you can just try and relax and if your writing in school or something just keep occupied on that. I know it's hard not to think about it but all you can do is try. Also, when i get called up to talk or something in front of the class I just think to my self that it's part of school. Like it happens to everyone, that alot of people get neverous to talk in front of the class. It also helps to ask your self "After this is done will i really care/worry about this from an hour, a day, a month from now?". When i just think it'll be done and over with then thats what usually helps me. Other than that im not sure what else could help. Hope you find what works for you!

Closed Thread