It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Advice for Sleeping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
    anonjrh1003
    (female)

anonjrh1003 HB User
    Advice for Sleeping

Hi! I currently deal with a case of Anxiety and Im sure there is multiple people out there with the same issue as me. The issue is not being able to sleep, now this is no just the normal can't sleep because of caffine or anything. When i try to sleep at night it feels as if my Anxiety is at the highest it's been all day. The point is, does anyone have any tips/tricks on trying to sleep? I've tried other medications but I would like to not take them.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: anonjrh1003
    Kaiz3r (03-08-2017),movielover40 (02-06-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2017, 04:17 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Advice for Sleeping

I dont have anxiety, but I do have trouble falling and staying asleep. For Christmas this year, my husband bought me a really cool gadget which plays different "soothing" sounds and also has red/blue and white light conbinations on it. Its an alarm clock to boot.
    When I go to bed, I turn on a "dreamy music" and use the "red lights" which are linked to the part of the brain which helps you relax and get into REM sleep.

When the alarm goes off, it goes off to "nature " music (birds chirping) and emits a blue light, which is known to help you wake up naturally!

This is a type of white noise machine but has 12 different settings...personally white noise (the buzzing sound) stresses me out and I dont recommend it if you are anxious; however, the zen type music, the dream state music is very soothing.

You can find things like this in most retailers. Mine is made by a company called Ihome. You might really benefit from something like this!

Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

First step is to go to bed around the same time every night and get up same time in the morning. Get your body in a routine.

Make your bedroom dark and quiet if possible. Try to keep it a little cool for bedtime.

Hard for me to sleep in warm bedroom.

Reading helps me fall asleep. I always read before bed and I'm usually asleep super fast.

Best of luck to you.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
    GingerLily12
    (female)

GingerLily12 HB User

There is something called Autonomous sensory meridian response ASMR that some people (Including me) find really helpful for sleeping. You can find online videos and see if they help you. Only watch them when you in bed all tucked in and ready to fall asleep. And turn your phone as dim as possible or just put your phone face down and listen to the speaker on your headphones

Last edited by Administrator; 02-19-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:56 AM   #5
    Kaiz3r
    (male)

Kaiz3r HB User

I recommend to walk 7000 steps at day. Buy a miband or some similar, its cheap and its worth. Try to accomplish, i swear that your sleep and anxiety come down

Old 03-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
    SuperFatigued
    (female)

SuperFatigued HB User

I'm having trouble sleeping due to anxiety as well. I've been taking magnesium and melatonin and have purchased a weighted blanket which I love. I hope you're starting to feel better!

Old 03-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
    Porty
    (male)

Porty HB User

I agree, ASMR is very helpful (at least for some people) for relaxing and easing anxiety so you can fall asleep. Personally, reading works better for me. If you read on an electronic device, make sure you have some sort of blue light filter installed. Otherwise, the quality of the sleep you do get could decrease.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
    SuperFatigued
    (female)

SuperFatigued HB User

My therapist suggested an herbal pill called Deep Sleep. I was skeptical but tried it anyway. I've finally been sleeping! Either it's working like she said it would or its a coincidence and I would have started to sleep better right now anyway. I'm not sure, but I'll continue to take it. It takes a few nights in a row of taking it before you notice any effects. You take one an hour before bedtime and then take one when you lay down. I take magnesium at night as well.

Closed Thread