It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety and sleep?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2017, 02:46 AM   #1
    Ccat92
    (female)

Ccat92 HB User
    Anxiety and sleep?

I'm not sure if this is in the right place. I've always struggled with anxiety and insomnia and everything in between.

Recently my anxiety has been heightened for a number of reasons and I've had some seriously crazy dreams and I'm not sure if they're related or what to do.

The dreams are almost like sleep paralysis. I can't sleep most nights and when I finally can I teter on the brink of sleep and wake. When I do sleep my dreams feel like hallucinations. Examples:

My bedroom is at the end of a hallway with multiple doors leading to it. I wake up(in my dream) and hear the doors opening and closing leading closer to my room with each noise, I feel a constant feeling of terror as it's happening but I can't move, speak or scream and I'm alone. Or I wake up, again in my dream and I hear someone slowly ascending up the stairs towards my hallway and thus my room. Again, feelings of terror building and I can't move or speak. The worst yet, I wake up in my dream and sense something in the corner of my room. I look towards this presence and it runs at me, grabs me and throws me on the floor next to my bed. It's at that point I realize it looks exactly like me, it then takes my place in bed next to my long term partner and I finally manage to make a sound as to warn him and this thing turns over and bashes me in the head, knocking me out and turns back over to resume it's position as me in bed.

What should I make of this? What can I do to make these stop? Are they anxiety related? It gets worse and worse as the nights go on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
    Amygdala
    (female)

Amygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB User
    Re: Anxiety and sleep?

Sounds exactly like sleep paralysis. I started having them when I was around 12 yrs old. They continued for decades. Terrifying!
    After a while I knew that I was never going to be harmed, so I just "went along for the ride".
    Finally had enough one night, and remember saying to the "entity", "Do not come back, I am finished with you".
    Never had another episode/dream.
    What I found most disturbing was after fully waking up, my chest was so painful. It felt like a wrecking ball had been placed there for hours. Even considered the possibility that I was having a heart attack, however ruled that out after a few episodes.
    I don't believe mine were brought on by anxiety.
    To make "It" stop? As I mentioned earlier, simply tell "It" to GO AWAY!

Closed Thread