It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• New to anxiety talking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2017, 02:19 AM   #1
    kw010888
    (female)

kw010888 HB User
    New to anxiety talking

I've known for some time that I am an anxious person but have never spoken to my GP or been diagnosed. The past week its become unbearable as although I've been told by the GP I have torn a muscle in my chest I keep convincing myself there is more to it and I often have a lump in my throat, a choking sensation and a heavy head. I'm basically after a bit of comfort to know that others with anxiety also suffer these symptoms and also whether anybody has any experience of attending CBT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
    Hendrix81
    Inactive
    (male)

Hendrix81 HB User
    Re: New to anxiety talking

I've been suffering from anxiety since 04 or 05 it cost me my job cause instead of seeing a doc i drank just to leave my house but eventually i got help i won't lie to you it's a daily struggle but with right meds and talk therapy you can get better good luck and get help

Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #3
    kw010888
    (female)

kw010888 HB User

Thank you for your advice - I hope you are managing ok. Would you suggest the symptoms I have are definately signs of suffering with it?

Old 03-05-2017, 03:18 AM   #4
    Hendrix81
    Inactive
    (male)

Hendrix81 HB User

I usually get severe tension in my neck and my face gets red the worst part for me is crowds I'll feel disoriented and sweaty mine called social anxiety with panic disorder don't get to freaked out it might just be a temporary thing for ya but i would talk to a pro if it persists.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:21 AM   #5
    kw010888
    (female)

kw010888 HB User

Thank you. Yes I too have a stiff neck and heavy head. Its been suggested that perhaps mine is health related anxiety but I'm definately going to see my GP for advice

Old 03-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
    Porty
    (male)

Porty HB User

I have had a choking sensation at times with mine, especially when I already have bad allergies. CBT is quite successful, and I would highly recommend giving it a try. There is no way you won't be better equipped for dealing with anxiety after a few sessions, because the treatment is that effective.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #7
    kw010888
    (female)

kw010888 HB User

Thank you for your reply. I've now been diagnosed with health anxiety by my GP and have had my first CBT session which went well. I still have thr odd wobble and seem to have some symptoms present every day although I am not suffering as much as I was a few weeks ago. It amazes how many different symptoms of anxiety there actually are which probably comfirms why I was sure it must be something more serious!!

Closed Thread