It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• First Time Posting, I don't know what's wrong

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
    bigez96
    (male)

bigez96 HB User
    First Time Posting, I don't know what's wrong

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting about my condition. I am 6 foot 1 male and im 20 years old. It all started in Dec 2016. I had the stomach flu and was prescribed Zofran. After taking the Zofran to help with my nausea, I began having anxiety attacks, which I have never had an issue with. I asked around and found out it was a possible symptom. I felt like someone was squeezing my chest. I was shaking and couldn't sleep. I felt very anxious. It felt like feeling was never going to go away. I stopped taking the Zofran after the flu went away, and continued having attacks for about 2 weeks. They eventually went away after a financial situation caused me to move back in with my parents in Jan 2017, which wasn't a huge deal for me, I was actually pretty happy that I wasn't living by myself anymore. Fast forward to February. I started having random chest pains that would come and go, I would get light headed, and have heart palpitations. My heart rate became sporadic, and would be 70 one second and 95 the next. It felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. I saw a doctor, and they found nothing, my heart was beating normal, my blood pressure was fine. I still have the symptoms today. After that, I started to become a slight hypochondriac. Every little thing that my body does worries me. I started checking my pulse every few minutes. I never had the anxious feelings that the average person would associate with anxiety though. That changed tonight. For the first time since early January, I had another full blown anxiety attack (or what I believe was an anxiety attack). I was just playing video games with a friend. All of a sudden I felt anxious, light headed, I started zoning out on the conversations were having. My chest was pounding and I was having neck cramps. My hands were shaking. I felt like I might throw up. It almost didn't feel real, like it was some weird dream. I went to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water, and stared out the window for what felt like forever. The general feeling of anxiety went away and now I'm here. I just want someone to tell me what's wrong. I just need the assurance that I'm not going crazy, that other people have these issues. I also want some opinions on the earlier symptoms. Can I have some physical symptoms of anxiety without the crushing anxious feeling. I will say that I don't have depression. I love my life, I just started a new job, bought a new car, and I'm doing great in school. I've never been more pleased with my life then I am now. I just need some help.

Last edited by bigez96; 03-07-2017 at 08:06 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to bigez96:
    movielover40 (03-08-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
    Kaiz3r
    (male)

Kaiz3r HB User
    Re: First Time Posting, I don't know what's wrong

I know how you feeling. I have the same symptons.
    My advice: dont listen your body, think about this disorder is bening and a panic attack usually stop in half hour or something and after, you feel better. You can beat it, dont allow the panic beat you. Try 10 minutes a day of mindfullness.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
    Nicsta1000
    (male)

Nicsta1000 HB User
    Re: First Time Posting, I don't know what's wrong

I've had a lot of the exact same symptoms as you. the derealisation that you talk about (the feeling spaced out thing) is quite scary and for me it just happens sometimes without warning. The hypochondria is also something I suffer with. It's so horrible when you're so convinced that something is wrong with you with all the physical symptoms anxiety can cause. I've found that therapy helped me a lot as well as exercise.

Closed Thread