It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Severe Health Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
    Jtucci01
    (female)

Jtucci01 HB User
    Severe Health Anxiety

I have been having health issues for a couple of months. It started off with stomach issues in December. Then a couple of months later I thought I was having a heart attack and haven't been the same since. My heart rate is constantly high. I am having anxiety 24/7. It is overtaking my life. I have been on Lorazepam but it didn't work. I am now taking Zoloft 25 mg and it's only been 4 days but I feel more anxious than before. I have been to the er 4 times in a month and a half and they keep saying my heart is fine. The ecg I had a few days ago said normal sinus rithym, abnormal ecg, and left posterior fascicular block. But they sent me home. I started to freak out about it but my doctor is not concerned, more annoyed with me right now. This has been a rough month and a half and I am afraid it will never end. I know it takes up to 2 weeks for the Zoloft to kick in and I hope it works because I can't take living like this anymore. Constantly thinking there is something wrong with my heart, or I have heart failure or heart disease. I have a 3 yr old little boy and I need this anxiety to subside so I can be a good mother. I feel so frustrated right now. I can't sleep well either. I wake up every couple of hours with my heart racing and feeling like I can't breathe. Most nights my body jerks when I am dozing off. I am so exhausted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
    LoveMeeko
    (female)

LoveMeeko HB User
    Re: Severe Health Anxiety

Can you get a RX for Valium or Xanax to take at night to help you sleep? Getting enough sleep with help you cope better with the daily anxiety. It does take time to get used to a new med. A low dose of a benzo like valium or xanax can help when you feel a panic attack coming on.

I'm in the same boat as you. Current new medical problems are causing my anxiety to worsen (also have 3 year old at home). I was prescribed a new med which has a side effect of anxiety..... so I've had to go back on to BuSpar (which takes 1-2 weeks to fully kick in), therefore supplementing with low does of xanax when I feel anxious. I've woken up the past two nights panicking and feeling super sick (nausea, hyperventilating, feverish, etc). Thankfully .5mg of xanax was enough to calm me down so I could sleep.

I hope my experience helps!

Closed Thread