It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Severe anxiety after a fire

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
    Prettyinpink81
    (female)

Prettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB UserPrettyinpink81 HB User
    Severe anxiety after a fire

Hello. I was diagnosed with GAD and PD many years ago. I have been able to keep it fairly under control until recently.

Three days ago my husband and I were laying in bed when I smelled smoke. My husband said he didn't smell anything. I couldn't get the nagging feeling to go away so I walked around the house to check. I looked out my back door and saw my deck was on fire. I screamed for my husband and he was able to put it out with the fire extinguisher.

My husband is a smoker and earlier that afternoon he threw a cigarette into a metal paint can he was using as an ash tray. It ended up smoldering for hours, before it melted the can, lit up the deck and set the propane tank next to it on fire. The propane tank was burnt to a crisp and it's an absolute miracle it didn't explode.

Ever since the fire, my anxiety has been absolutely out of control. I am the absolute essence of crazy right now. I am so terrified of another fire. I make my husband sleep downstairs on the couch in case another fire breaks out, I unplug everything before bed, I'm now afraid to run the dryer and it took me 15 minutes earlier to get up the nerve to plug in a video game system. I also can't bring myself to sleep unless my husband is home.

Has anybody ever experienced this? How long does it usually takes to get back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread