It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Cymbalta

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
    Dondo747
    (male)

Dondo747 HB User
    Cymbalta

Has anyone used Cymbalta? I have heard it doesn't cause sleep issues like Prozac, which I have been on for 20 years for generalized anxiety, with the last 10 at 40 mg but am having more trouble sleeping now and wonder if Cymbalta would be better than Prozac as far as sleeping goes. My doctor is cutting me off Ambien because he says quality of sleep is not ideal with Ambien. I said that some sleep is better than no sleep, but it seems doctors have something against Ambien these days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User
    Re: Cymbalta

I take 75 mg of Effexor. I sleep ok with it. My husband takes Trazadone for sleep. It's
    an old antidepressant. Lot of people use it for a sleep aid. Ask your doctor about the
    trazadone. Sorry don't know about Cymbalta .

Old 03-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
    Writinggal
    (female)

Writinggal HB User
    Re: Cymbalta

I took just one timed release Cymbalta and ended up in ER and then ICU. It totally shut down my respiratory system. I spent three days in the hospital waiting for it to leave my system. That was in 2008 and I never tried anything else since. Since then, I've talked to other people who also had a severe reaction to Cymbalta. This doesn't mean it will happen to you though but I do share my experience with everyone who tells me they are thinking of trying Cymbalta so they can be aware. I know that there are people who have had good luck taking Cymbalta for chronic pain.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cymbalta, sleep