It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety/Depression and Short Term disability. HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
    Mcasini11
    (male)

Mcasini11 HB User
    Anxiety/Depression and Short Term disability. HELP!

Hey so I'll try and make this short and as clear as possible...but I'll start off with a little back story.

So I'll start off by saying I've always felt I had anxiety but never really said anything to the doctors just kinda dealt with it, until 5-6 months ago when my dad passed I started feeling very depressed and anxious almost all the time. I'm 27 and work in retail, with cell phones so I am always coming across new people and different situations, some good customers some ****** off ones.

My dad passed right before his birthday, my birthday and Christmas so it was a really hard ending to 2016. Late December is when I started really feeling the depression and anxiety, I wasn't leaving my room much or even getting out of bed some days. I felt trapped in my own body kinda thing...if you have you know what I'm talking about I don't have to go into to much detail.

I knew I wasn't right and I wanted to get help so I went to see my doctor. He pretty much gave me 2 weeks off and some medication, also started seeing the mental health counseler onsite. I went back 2 weeks later still feeling the same so he said we were going to talent week by week...that was 5 weeks ago.

Ok so here is where I need help:

I was approved by my short term through work but they only approved me until end of march.

So I'm in a jam, my work needs me back asap cause the manager is having a child and taking a month vacation. My STD(short term disability) only approved me for 4 weeks and if I needed more I have to fill out more papers with my doctor blah blah blah.
    I have been off for awhile and Pernod me wants to go back and part of me is saying take a little more time.

I don't know what to do, sure it will be nice to make some better money and also nice to be around my co workers as it gets really boring at home most of the day.

I'm worried if I go back and in a week or 2 weeks I can't do it still...What if I'm not ready to deal/be around strangers? I'll look like an idiot going back off work and probably **** more people off.

Me not going back really screws the manager and maybe puts my job security at risk for when I am back? I feel like since it's an "invisible" disability some people don't know the severity of it or know what I'm going through therefor think I may be taking advantage of the situation

If I don't get approved for STD again am I able to go on E.I.(employment insurance)?

I'm probably over thinking this and just worrying about nothing but some input from you guys would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread