It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Hand Tremors

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
    GrandmaHelen
    (female)

GrandmaHelen HB User
    Hand Tremors

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with Essential Tremor and take Primidone It works pretty well. Shaking disappears at times but sometimes, when I get cold, it starts up really bad and seems to cause my whole body to shake. I also find Primidone makes me very sleepy. Anyone else dealing with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
    MaS71
    (female)

MaS71 HB User
    Re: Hand Tremors

I have Essential Tremor also. I live in FL now but when I get cold I show hard but I also get stiff very much where my legs don't want me to walk. But stress makes it worse. I just has a scare recently, I was having tremors pretty bad and I was buckling at my knees and legs were shakes g looked like waves and my left hand was going crazy too. It has calmed down. I'm only 46 and I've had this quite a while just didn't realize, I thought it was stress. But it does progress but generally slowly. Most elderly get it but some start younger. There are other meds out there for it. I'm taking Topamax it also help with migraines, neuropathy, ET, mood stabilizer(they think) but it has lots side effects. I'm doing fine on it. It only took me since Nov16 to finally get brave enough to try it. But it has helped my migraines I was having every night.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-29-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:14 AM   #3
    GrandmaHelen
    (female)

GrandmaHelen HB User

I'm 68 years old and was diagnosed in 2013 but only started treatment in 2015 with Primidone. I've been on Neurontin for almost 20 years and in 2013 it was doubled because of Diabetic Neuropathy in my legs. That seemed to get rid of both the jerking in my hands where things would just fly out of my hands. By last year the tremor that was noticeable but not bothersome in 2013, made my handwriting illegible. I had to fill out a form and doctor said it was time to treat it. I started on 50mg primidone twice a day, but it did nothing. Then went to 100 mg twice a day and it disappeared. Then came winter and all the other things you described, except for knees buckling showed up. In addition I get what looks like my whole body doing odd movements and I have to get up and move around. I was having trouble separating money. I reached a point where I used my bankcard exclusively. It was so much easier. Now I use cash occasionally. If I lift a leg it shakes, especially the right one. I'm so stiff I take almost twice the steps the Google fit says you should because stiff legs and low back muscle tightness makes walking difficult. Primidone also put 30 lbs on me in 3 months. Thanks for responging to my post.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
    ifeelsolostinli
    (male)

ifeelsolostinli HB User

You're not alone. I have the hand tremor but also nerve buzzing sensations all over my body. It's hard to sleep sometimes. I've gotten used to it though and getting used to it makes it easier to deal with, just takes time.

Closed Thread