It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Starting Zoloft after bad experience with Paxil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
    Andrew520
    (male)

Andrew520 HB User
    Starting Zoloft after bad experience with Paxil

I have daily panic attacks, dizziness, can't drive in traffic, go into stores etc. Lately it has gotten worse to where I am cutting out of work early just so I can make the drive home. When I first sought treatment my PCP gave me Paxil (generic) 10mg and told me to start with 5mg for one week. At only day 3 my energy level spiked I was doing 10 things at once and all of a sudden my mind was racing faster than my body and felt so bad hours after taking it I felt like I was overdosing on an upper like speed or something. Laid in bed shaking and sweating while my girlfriend held me telling me I'm not going to die. Then finally crashed and fell asleep. The next day I was out of it, couldn't even type a sentence without errors and was out of work for 2 days before I felt somewhat normal again.

Fast forward to now. I see a Psychiatrist and he has me on Clonazepam .25mg twice daily and wants me to try Zoloft (generic). I am starting at 12.5mg for a week, then 25mg for a week, then 37.5mg until my appointment 10 weeks from now.

My main concern is if I will have the same upper like high on this med and if having the Clonazepam to take helps with those types of side effects. I didn't have the luxury of having Clonazepam on hand when I started 5mg Paxil.

Also are fiber supplements safe to take while on an SSRI. I will be taking the supplement in the morning and my SSRI late afternoon.

I'm not asking for medical advice per se, just other user's opinions on what may have worked for them.

Last edited by Andrew520; 03-31-2017 at 07:49 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Andrew520:
    movielover40 (03-30-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread