It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• I have anxiety over where to post this thread.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
    sadgirl2017
    (female)

sadgirl2017 HB User
    Lightbulb I have anxiety over where to post this thread.

I've spent maybe the past hour hesitating over making my first post. I'm scared to reach out and post anything, and even more afraid that I've posted this in the wrong area. (Forgive me if this isn't the correct category! I really tried.)

I'm wondering if any other anxiety sufferers have panic attacks over lost love and lost relationships that ended quite a long time ago. I'm nearing the one year mark of a particularly devastating break up and have panic attacks and crying spells over the smallest triggers of remembering him. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm wondering if anyone can share their stories or offer tips of what they do to cope. I'm not looking for professional advice. I go to the doctor and am on antidepressants and anti anxiety medications. Just seeing if anyone can relate, not sure if this falls under anxiety or depression.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: sadgirl2017
    movielover40 (04-04-2017),yayagirl (04-07-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: I have anxiety over where to post this thread.

Hi sadgirl,

Definitely every single person experiences sad or bad memories. We wonder if we could have said or done something differently so there would have been a different outcome. Yes I have a huge long list of unhappy memories!

The answer is ~
    We can only make our own choices. We have absolutely no control over anyone else.
    We choose to dwell on the past, or we choose to move on.

I know the emotions can be over-whelming. But when it comes up you can cry and write about it, then put away the tears and paper and pen. As many times as it comes up, you can cry and write about it. Then again, put away the tears and paper and pen.

It's that complicated, and also that simple. Life is complicated. But one thing is for sure we don't control other people. We cannot make anyone forgive us or accept us. If they don't, they threw us away. They can choose that. So can we. We can throw away bad relationships and try again if we want to.

You can shut the door on the past. You don't have to repeat it or dwell on it. We cannot dwell on two things at once. So do something you love. You know what that is. What is it you love to do?

Chin up, sweetie, on each new day your life has just begun.

Last edited by yayagirl; 04-04-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Closed Thread