It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Scared I have Lymphoma

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
    willowz18
    (female)

willowz18 HB User
    Scared I have Lymphoma

Good Afternoon,

I am a certified hypochondriac who is currently under a lot of stress both at work and in my personal life. Whenever I get in to this perfect storm, my health anxiety flares up.

2 weeks ago I was drying off from the shower and noticed a bulge in my neck/collarbone area. I instantly freaked out after typing in "lump near collarbone" and sent myself into a downward spiral of googling everything about lymphoma I possibly could.

And, for the past 2 weeks, I can't stop focusing on it. I can't see anything if my shoulders are normal (straight), but if I arch my shoulders back, a lump appears. I had the nurse and doctor at my work take a look at it and they could not feel any lymphnodes at all in the area and said it was likely just fat (I am overweight). They did send me for a chest X-ray to rule out anything sinister in my lungs, but I haven't had any other tests.

I keep poking and prodding the area that was "swollen" so I think it is becoming more noticeable but I'm thinking I may have just irritated it.

I have been through CBT previously to help me cope with my HA but I feel like I am sliding down the hill towards irrational thoughts again.

Has anyone else experienced this "lump that is only visible when moving in certain directions"? What was the end diagnosis?

Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
    TurtleDove08
    (female)

TurtleDove08 HB User
    Re: Scared I have Lymphoma

I understand your anxiety. I have been there thinking that I have cancer or something else was slowly killing me. the thing that helps a bit for me, is to not let myself look up health symptoms on the internet, it will only scare you more. if the problem continues I talk to the doc and try to trust him. I know that all the advice in the world wont help right now. but try to breathe. you are okay.

Closed Thread