It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety 15 years and scared for my kids

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
    Amber81499
    (female)

Amber81499 HB User
    Anxiety 15 years and scared for my kids

Hi my name is Amber and I have had anxiety and depression for 15 years. When it was at it's worse in the beginning it left me house bound for a short amount of time until I was helped with counseling and medication. Fast forward to 9 months ago when I thought the medicine wasn't really doing anything anymore and I took myself off the meds. I know....stupid.
    I didn't see the signs for the first week or so when I was overly sensitive and lost my patience with my boys way too quickly. Then Sunday it hit my like a ton of bricks. Now I am waking up at all hours with that terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Constantly running through my head are feelings and emotions and fear of everything. So Monday (3 days ago) I called and got an apt with my primary care (my shrink retired last year). She put me on 20mg of Paxil for a week then 40mg. She asked if I wanted a scrip for Zanex and I told her I thought I could do it without it. WRONG. So I called back yesterday and got a scrip. I took a half pill last night around 730pm and it got me until 1:30am and then I took another half pill at 1:30 that got me until 5:30am this morning. So that's good.
    Here are 2 of my major fears
    1. I will revert back to the way it was 15 years ago.
    2. My kids will see it and think less of me or think I'm "crazy". My kids weren't born yet when all this happened last time.

Also, does anyone use Zanex? A half pill .5 gets me 4 solid hours of sleep - I woke up at 130 immediately took another half and slept until 530. Now I am wondering if I can take a half pill and cut it in half and take that during the day so I'm not as anxious but it won't make me so tired?
    Talk me through this please!

The following user gives a hug of support to Amber81499:
    movielover40 (04-27-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread