It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety, shortness of breath ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
    Manders88
    (female)

Manders88 HB User
    Anxiety, shortness of breath ...

So I've been suffering from anxiety since 2014. It's gotten really bad the last few months. I mostly suffer from health anxiety (some general as well). I had a physical last Tuesday and was diagnosed with Vestibular Neuritis and Vertigo, after weeks of constant ear fullness and dizziness after a bout of influenza. Aside from those ailments, he said I was very healthy.

The day of my doctors appointment, I started getting shortness of breath, and since then, I have probably yawned at least 50 times a day so I can get a "good" breath. Im also constantly thinking about my weird breathing, which I feel like makes my anxiety worse. Am I crazy? Should I go to the doctor again? Anxiety is ruining my life.

PS: I had an EKG in December of 2016, after a panic attack sent me to the ER and that test turned out fine.

Last edited by Manders88; 05-02-2017 at 08:13 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Manders88:
    movielover40 (05-03-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Anxiety, shortness of breath ...

Hi Manders88,

Do you take any medications for anxiety/panic attacks? If not that would be my first suggestion. It's very common for your breathing to not be normal or forgetting to breath when having anxiety.

It would be helpful for you to learn and practice breathing techniques, using Mindful Meditation can help calm an anxiety attack as well as teach you how to breath correctly.

When trying to regulate your breathing you can also try: Getting a lunch size PAPER bag, cover your mouth and nose with it and...breath.

Closed Thread