It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Headaches and Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
    EverettH
    (male)

EverettH HB User
    Headaches and Pressure

Hi, first time posting in a forum, I suffer from anxiety, and have panic attacks. A little over a week ago I had a severe panic attack I thought I was dying, chest pains, rapid heartbeat, sweatty, clammy skin. I also have AFIB at times, and thought I was having a heart attack. I'm 35 years old. Uses to be super healthy. My question is this, has anyone else suffered from wierd headaches, almost pressure type headaches, with some dizzyness after panic attacks days after. I still have this headache, my neck is all tensed up, and My head is just throbbing now, not just pressure

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #2
    LouMano
    (male)

LouMano HB User
    Re: Headaches and Pressure

Hello I am in the same boat as you with the headaches. I would especially get them badly after a panic attack and would last a couple of days. I have seen a few doctors at my local hospital and also my psychologist and all of them link it to stress. I would get a tense and throbbing feeling in my head, I would also have the back of my neck and back tighten up. The best advice I can give is try to relax and unwind and lessen your stress. You could always go to the doctors and see if they could give you something for the headache and muscle tension. I hope this helps! Best of luck

Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
    EverettH
    (male)

EverettH HB User

Update*
    Well Dr has put me on klonipin, and buspar for the panic attacks, and the dizzyness and Pressure subsided about 3 days after my post, I'm trying to figure out if I have any underlying hessrt conditions that could be creating my wierd chest jolts, fast heart rate, and sometimes just pounds out of my chest
    I'll keep you all updated.. Thanks

Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #4
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EverettH View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if I have any underlying hessrt conditions that could be creating my wierd chest jolts, fast heart rate, and sometimes just pounds out of my chest
    Anxiety/panic attacks can cause the symptoms you are describing. Many people end up in the Emergency Room each year with what they believe is a heart attack. The majority are diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks and do not have a heart condition.

Closed Thread