It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Debilitating Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
    Susie2688
    (female)

Susie2688 HB User
    Debilitating Anxiety

Hello All,
    I've been suffering from anxiety disorder for well over 10 years now. Over the last few months, anxiety has become quite debilitating in my life. Everyday is a struggle as I have a constant worry or fear that something bad is going to happen. It's even gotten to the point where every little ache or pain I get lately, I think it's a life threatening issue. If I get a headache, I immediately assume brain tumor. If I get indigestion, I immediately think stomach cancer. If I get a slight pain in my chest, I immediately think heart attack. It's awful and is ruining me. I have a hard time going anyplace because I'm so worried something bad will happen to me or I'll have a severe anxiety attack and end up in the ER. I've been in the ER multiple times for chest pain, but EKG and cardiac labs have all been perfectly normal. I've also had multiple stress echoes which have all showed no blockages or defects. I have severe health anxiety that is causing ruckus in my life. Aside from being overweight, I'm a healthy 29 year old. All my yearly labs when I have my physicals come back with flying colors. I don't smoke, I drink occasionally when I go out (which isn't very often). I do suffer from GERD and am being treated for that. I've had an MRI of my head due to all of the frequent headaches and that came back normal. I've tried meditating and occupying my time with activities. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I don't know what to do anymore. It's literally ruining my life. Does anyone suffer this badly from anxiety?? Does anyone have any feedback on ways that are helpful?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread