It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

I know nothing and my doctors know even less

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2017, 11:34 PM   #1
BrandieM
(female)

BrandieM HB User
I know nothing and my doctors know even less

I suffer from depression.
For about a month all I wanted to do was lay around and watch TV. But that's not my normal depression. Normal depression for me is sleeping all day and crying constantly for no reason.
So I get up to go make my bed up and I had a hard time breathing. I felt dizzy headed and I could feel this weird feeling in my chest like being on a roller coaster.
I wasn't alarmed but I knew something was different.
I use my husband's a blood pressure machine and it showed my heart rate is 122 bpm.
The next day I called my GP for an appointment. I went in that afternoon and I actually felt fine. I told the nurse that was doing my vitals what had happened the night before. I was pretty sure that my heart rate was completely normal now. She told me it wasn't it was showing up over 130 bpm.
So they put a heart rate monitor on my finger and give me an EKG.
By this time I was a little anxious and my heart rate was up 140 + with each bleep bleep of the machine.
My PRN told me that my EKG was fine and she believes the whole thing was anxiety depression and dehydration.
She performed a CBC, thyroid test ,and another test for heart enzymes.
She prescribed a beta blocker metoprolol succ er 50mg.
Then she told me to see my therapist who is treating me for depression and tell him to treat me for anxiety disorder.
Okay so I do just that. It's one month later and I see my psychologist.
He asked me several questions he also check my heart rate.
He's been treating me for depression for 8 years I know.
Then he lays the news on me that he does not think that this is anxiety related at all. He told me to keep taking the beta blocker, make sure I follow up visits with my GP at least every 3 months, and if I had any more problems with my heart rate becoming so elevated again he told me to make sure they send me to a Cardiologist.
He told me after asking all those questions that I did not display the typical anxiety-related symptoms.
So lol my refills for the Metropolol are good for 2 more months. I'll have to decide as to which doctor I should believe.

Last edited by BrandieM; 08-18-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Susie2688
(female)

Susie2688 HB User
Re: I know nothing and my doctor's know even less

Hi there!
I'm sorry you're going through everything you're going through and I do hope that you feel better soon! If I were you, I would call my PCP back and tell them you want a referral to a Cardiologist for further testing. It may turn out just to be anxiety (you'd be surprised how it can make you feel) even though you're not presenting with the typical anxiety signs/symptoms. However, being thoroughly checked by a Cardiologist will determine whether or not there truly is a heart related issue, not to mention put your mind at ease. There's nothing easy about worrying about if you have a heart issue or not. Go get checked to be on the safe side . Best of luck to you!

Reply Reply