It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Strange Wave of floating/weightless feeling?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Kitsy91

Kitsy91 HB User
Strange Wave of floating/weightless feeling?

Iíll try to explain this as best I can but I canít find the right words because I donít even fully understand what happened. Iíll explain Iíve not been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder but I have had strong anxiety issues all my life and occasionally have panic attacks. Anyway with that out of the way this is what happened.

I was driving around town with my friend and we came up near this bridge we had been at before but like had a bad experience at it was a day when this clearly under the influence guy came up to us there and was like gawking at us and trying to hit on us and it was scary and like 5 cars honked at us and I was so uncomfortable and anxious the entire time. Well we pass by that place tonight and I was having an amazing time so happy Like seriously the only thing I was concerned with I was trying to decide on if I should take my inhaler or not cause it was humid and I was having a little trouble breathing but then I saw the Bridge and suddenly this strange wave came over me and it felt like from my chest up emptied and was like floating and I could breath clearly again but I felt slightly off balance not so much dizzy but off balance and almost weightless and my heart sped up a little and I felt like I had to swallow and expected it to be hard to (because it is when I have panic attacks) but it wasnít... like I felt okay but not at the same time like it scared me and I didnít feel normal... agh I donít know how to explain it! I almost felt like I wasnít in my head/body but I was????? I donít know... has anyone felt this or know what this was?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
TrainOfThought
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
Re: Strange Wave of floating/weightless feeling?

Hey, what you are describing sounds like Depersonalization, it is associated with anxiety disorders and it is common. Its most common symptoms are the feeling of detachment of the mind and the body and the feeling of being in a dreamlike state. I recommend seeking for professional treatment, anxiety disorders if go untreated can get very tough to deal with later.
Cheers

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, dizzy, light headed, panic attack, panic attack disorder