It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety and new job

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
    MEM2017
    (female)

MEM2017 HB User
    Anxiety and new job

Hi all-
    I have had generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks for the past 1718 years and have been under the treatment of a psychiatrist for the past 15 years. I have been taking Paxil 20mg and sometimes 30mg and .5 Ativan as needed as under the supervision of my doctor. I very rarely take antivan, maybe 5-8 pills a year at most. I started a new job in September as a teacher and all of the new job stress has upped my levels of anxiety to the point where i left sick early last Wednesday and called out Thursday and Friday. I called my doctor for advice and he upped my Paxil from 20 to 30mg and told me to take 2 .5 Ativans at night to help me sleep and up to 2 .5 ativans as needed during the day. Today is Sunday and Im experiencing some bad anxiety about going to work tomorrow. Ive been trying to get some excercise today and do some deep breathing mediations to ease my symptoms, but Im struggling. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
    Mariabbb
    (female)

Mariabbb HB User
    Re: Anxiety and new job

Starting new jobs is really tough. I can see why you're feeling anxious. I would take the Ativan your doctor prescribed. Start with the dose he recommended and as you feel more comfortable decrease your dose. I would also try to make an appointment to see your psychiatrist, as he may have other suggestions to help you through this rough period.

Things should get better as you get acclimated in your new job.

Closed Thread