It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Death Premonition or Anxiety - Freaked Out

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
    stuwalk203
    (male)

stuwalk203 HB User
    Death Premonition or Anxiety - Freaked Out

So I am a little freaked out right now. Several weeks ago, out of the blue, I had a feeling like a family member was going to die. A few days later, my parents got a phone call that my 37-year-old nephew was found unconscious at work after leaving for the restroom and not returning for a while. He was on life support by the time we got to the hospital. The next day he passed.

Just a few days ago, my brother and his family were taking a long trip to go to his former boss' funeral, and were going to combine fall break stops with the kids along the way. I was constantly worried something bad was going to happen, but it didn't. On the way back, they picked up my aunt who wasn't able to attend my nephew's funeral. She stayed for a week and my brother had already made plans to make the 10 hour round trip to take her home. I had a passing thought that he was going to die the day I learned he was planning on going alone. He mad the trip safely and I felt a huge weight lifted, but was still concerned. I just learned that he's going to Chicago for business and will probably be driving, 8+ hours one way, staying for the week, driving home and going back the following week. I can't stop thinking about my premonition or whatever it was. I have not had such a strong vision since and hope and pray I am completely, totally wrong this time.

I have had issues with anxiety for several years, especially due to some health issues I could never get answers to. Finally found a good doc who diagnosed the condition as a genetic disorder and part of the treatment was a gluten/dairy/soy free diet. Haven't had much anxiety until my vision of the family death, my nephew. Now I can't seem to stop thinking something is going to happen to my brother. My anxiety is pegged right now. My mother is in end-stage COPD and is bedfast, which doesn't help with anxiety at all. I've had thoughts about her death several times in the past.

Does anyone think that the recent events which probably elevated my anxiety might be what generated the bad thoughts about my brother? I really don't know what to do about this as I don't seem to be able to stop thinking about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
    Hopeful Warrior

Hopeful Warrior HB User
    Re: Death Premonition or Anxiety - Freaked Out

Yes, I think the thoughts about your brother are anxiety related. I have similar thoughts about people dying.

Closed Thread