It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Random Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 AM   #1
    idkwhatswrong
    (male)

idkwhatswrong HB User
    Random Anxiety

Hello, Iím new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me out

Can anyone tell me if they have had the same issue as me and how they treated it.

I have random anxiety attacks over nothing most of the time. Some times it is whenever something important needs to be done. I have been in the military for almost 7 years now and over the years it has been getting worse and worse. I use to fly airplanes as a kid and have fun with friends, got tattoos and never freaked out.

Now if I think about doing something fun I freak out, sweats, heavy breathing, sick feeling, instant feeling to poop and no long want to have any part in whatever task is hand.

First its started with going TDY, then it went on to going to a Christmas party and an awards ceremony that wasnít even for me and now its over thinking Iím going to a lecture and going somewhere new.

Ive been prescribed hydrooxyzine and propranolol and neither of them help the situation. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
    Re: Random Anxiety

Hi, I strongly suggest that you seek for professional help, cognitive behavior therapy has proved to be very effective dealing with anxiety. You need to delve deeper into your psyche to find the root of the anxiety an its triggers, but to do this you need therapy. I believe there is no random, there is always an explanation. I have heard dozens of times when people tell me that their anxiety is random, and in the end there is always a root and a trigger, they are just confused. Meds alone won't help, so please seek for therapy.
    Hope it helps, Cheers

Closed Thread