It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Depersonalization, anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
    scared girl 123
    (female)

scared girl 123 HB User
    Depersonalization, anxiety

Hi everyone i am a 22 old female.
    For the past 8 months i have been dealing with what i think is depersonalization, it started one day when i was driving and i felt high and as if i wasnt myself. It has been constant since then but i have learned to cope with it.
    i have many symptoms such as feeling high, racing heart, questioining who am i, scared of myself.
    my worst symptom is the out of body feeling, my hands and arms dont feel like mine and its so scary i feel like im going to float away. Please does anyone suffer form this and can offer support? I am so depressed and am scared of life, thinking of quitting my job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
    Re: Depersonalization, anxiety

Hi, I strongly suggest seeking for therapy and medication. It does sound like depersonalization and high levels of anxiety. This type of problems must be treated by a profesional right away, the good news is that treatment is highly effective. In the meantime you can try some breathing exercises, for example if you are all anxious try inhaling for 4 seconds holding still for 4 seconds and exhaling for another 4 seconds, do this 10 times, remember focus on the breathing not on the thoughts.
    Hope this helps and please seek for profesional help
    Cheers

Old 11-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
    scared girl 123
    (female)

scared girl 123 HB User

Hi there, thanks for the reply.
    I am currently on medication and i do see a doctor but he doesnt know what depersonlization is, so he is only treating my aniexty.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

You need to see a Psychiatrist. Other Drs. do not know how to treat depersonalization and usually don't know what depersonalization is.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
    scared girl 123
    (female)

scared girl 123 HB User

I am on a waiting list for one. its a year wait
    thanks

Old 12-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
    Hopeful Warrior

Hopeful Warrior HB User

I suffered with depersonalization when I was younger. I had a very toxic upbringing. I got better when I moved out. Have you tried anything to diminish the anxiety? Such as changing certain things about your life that may be toxic, meditating, yoga etc.? Walking with a friend in nature helps diminish my anxiety and listening to relaxing music and reading about or watching videos about positive/inspiring subjects.

I hope you find a good physiologist or maybe a therapy group if it interests you.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #7
    Hopeful Warrior

Hopeful Warrior HB User

I forgot to add that writing about your thoughts and worries and reaching out to a good friend/family may help as well.

Closed Thread