It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Off Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
    Blazealmighty
    (male)

Blazealmighty HB User
    Off Lexapro

Hello. My doctor is taking me off Lexapro. I was on 20 mg for 2 years+. Sheís switching me too 150 twice a day Wellbutrin. She had me go from 20mg to 10mg to 0. Iíve been at 0 for 10 days. At 7 days I started to feel dizzy at rest, brain zaps, moments of rage. Itís been fairly constant for 3 day now. I know itís been 10 days but I was stable on lexapro doing well. Can I request to just go back on to normalize again or am I past that point?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User
    Re: Off Lexapro

Why is she taking you off Lexapro ? I'm taking 20 mg of Lexapro. Did you have side effects on the Lexapro ?

Old 12-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
    Amygdala
    (female)

Amygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB UserAmygdala HB User

I was recently on Lexapro for a very short period of time. I hated the initial side effects. I doubt whether I even made it to 20 mg; believe I refused to go higher and just wanted off it ASAP. Therefore, I just began lowering the dose by either 2.5 or 5 mg every 10 days or so. Never had an issue doing it this way.
    “Can I request to just go back on to normalize again”? Absolutely, you should be able to have input into your medical care.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
    jpauli
    (female)

jpauli HB User

I have been on Lexapro 20, then 10, then back up to 20, then 10, now I'm trying to get off because I've been on it for so long. I have anxiety right now.....I'm down to 5 mg........I hate it, my stomach churns, and I always think there is something "wrong with me". I'll be ok for months, then something will trigger, and then my anxiety will create a world of its own, just by my thoughts, and it's hard to break the cycle. I always wonder, "is it the meds", is it anxiety, is it this, is it that, I drive myself crazy and can't stop sometimes. I really want to take a drug holiday, the only thing that saves me is Xanax for times like this. I go to my dr tomorrow,we'll see what she says.
    Be careful coming off of Lexapro, or any SSRI for that matter. Slow, slow.....baby steps......that seems pretty fast to wean you off of your Lexapro. I took Lexapro and Wellbutrin together for a long time. The Wellbutrin gave me more energy, no side effects for me, but then that didn't seem to work anymore, and I quit the Wellbutrin. Now I'm just on Lexapro 5mg, and want to completely stop eventually, but yet don't want to feel like this the rest of my life . Your discontinuation symptoms are pretty common, and am too wondering why your doctor is switching you from Lexapro to Wellbutrin!

Closed Thread