It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Is this Anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
    rawrs
    (female)

rawrs HB User
    Is this Anxiety?

Hi, so I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, but I do suffer from some difficulties due to a bad situation at home currently. I'm very close to my mom and for the past year I've been having very disturbing thoughts.
    Almost everytime I interact with my mother I imagine her dying. If she's going out I start panicking a lot, cry, and freak out because I think she could get hit by a car and I wouldn't be be able to save her. If she's in another room and I hear a thud, I look at the time so that when the police ask me of her time of death, I know when (if she was murdered or died of natural causes). This also happen with my dad. Sometimes I've accidentally dropped a small spot of oil on the floor, and I clean it with great intensity and fear because I think that if my dad were to slip on it he could crack his spine and die. I'm very affected by these thoughts and don't know how to make them stop.

Does anyone know what's happening to me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Is this Anxiety?

Dear rawrs,

It seems that you are having rather normal, though severe, separation anxiety. Are you old enough to get a job? Whether you are old enough to get a job or not, you do need to dwell on reality.

Fears of 'what if' would drive anyone nuts, and anyone at any age can do that.

What is the 'bad situation' at home?
    Are your parents fighting?

Reply Reply