It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Health anxiety

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
    mapleleafs
    (male)

mapleleafs HB User
    Health anxiety

Anyone have any good methods to deal with health anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Health anxiety

Mine is have knowledge on the health issues one has, therapy, medications, learning coping through CBT, becoming self-aware of thoughts and how they affect physiologically, have a thorough physical and health issues dealt with....etc.

Many do yoga, mindfulness, massage, walking, eating well...etc. A plan to make changes as to what may need to be done in one's environment is helpful....

Just a start,
    q

Last edited by quincy; 02-22-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear mapleleafs,

To me what helps most is to get personally involved with my health, by reading up on ways to support my health. I research any symptoms I have and look up treatments and do all I can to learn how to be healthy, and I practice healthy habits as much as possible.

When I have a troubling symptom or diagnosis I read all I can about it.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
    mapleleafs
    (male)

mapleleafs HB User

Iíve recently been diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy and all Iíve been doing is reading. I feel like reading about it had been the worst kind of fuel for my anxiety.... scary condition/disease that doesnít have a very good prognosis from what Iíve been reading.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 PM   #5
    Cayroo
    (male)

Cayroo HB User

I found that finding a good support group really helps me. I am a man so I found that a good low cost alternative is a non-profit like The Mankind Project or similar. When I hear about others going through similar challenges and what they are doing, it helps me realize that it is not as difficult as I thought it was on my own.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

You might be studying the disease and I agree that does not help fear.
    I was referring to studying what you can do for yourself.

You need to look up info on how to recover, such as IgA nephropathy diet and so on. There are often things we can change to help our bodies heal.

Reply Reply