It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Heavy lungs and upper back pain ... anxiety?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
Chellybean18
(female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
Heavy lungs and upper back pain ... anxiety?

Hello. I have suffered from anxiety for a while I don't take meds for it bc I don't want to...I'm 25 dont smoke or anything I guess I'm healthy....but anyway a worrying symptom started last week maybe Tuesday or so...I've been getting sharp pains in my lungs that progressed to upper back pain and my lungs feel heavy. Its the feeling of breathing like i do when I have a panic attack. But the pain is worrying me...ive had an episode like this about 3 years ago. Went to the emergency room and all was fine. I'm stressed and worried about a lot right now with my job and life...I guess I just wanna know if anyone has ever had real pains but it just turn out to be anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
Chellybean18
(female)

Re: Heavy lungs and upper back pain...anxiety?

Right now I keep wanting to cry and my chest is tightening up...I'm like really sad and my emotions are going crazy on top of the pain....*sigh*

Old 03-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you had a chest x-ray?
q

Old 03-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Chellybean18
(female)

When I had this similar thing happen about 3 years ago I went to the ER and they did xrays and listen to everything but it all came back fine! That's why I'm scared to go this time cause I dont wanna waste money or time to be told I'm fine...

Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

That was 3 years ago? Lots can change since then. If you were recently sick, then it's possible that it is your lungs.

The other possibility could be reflux.....it can cause discomfort in the chest area. You could try zantac and see if it helps. If it doesn't, maybe reconsider to see a doctor.

q

Old 03-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #6
Chellybean18
(female)

Re: Heavy lungs and upper back pain ... anxiety?

Quick update. I went to the doctor yesterday and they said everything looks fine and sounds fine. My breathing was at 96 percent! So there seems to be no physical cause for this....since They have checked everything the symptoms seem to even be going away.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #7
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Heavy lungs and upper back pain ... anxiety?

Sounds like an emotional relief.....it's good you went to get checked out.

Should it happen again, consider reflux as a possibility since an xray won't show it.

q

Reply Reply