It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• How to have confidence when having the anxiety conditon though.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-12-2018, 06:30 AM   #1
    gal3323
    (female)

gal3323 HB User
    How to have confidence when having the anxiety conditon though.

I have the anxiety condition for awhile already. I am taking medication for it though it only helps me a little though. I seem to not have any confidence in myself to do things I want to. Can anyone tell me how I can get more confidence in myself with this condition. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: How to have confidence when having the anxiety conditon though.

Dear gal3323,

We get confidence by doing things, and when something doesn't work, then doing it a different way or doing something else. That is the only way to get confidence. No one can give us confidence. You have to do it for your self.

Every living person and creature has stuff to deal with. Life is not easy, no matter what we observe when looking at other people. We are not in their skin living their lives. I used to have high anxiety until I realized that fact. Medication can relax us some, but unless we are put in a coma, medication has no power to take anxiety away. Anxiety is not really illness; it is a feeling every human being has at different times and to varying degrees. It is the exact same feeling we get when we anticipate something good. It is just a feeling. There is no need to fear it or to try to stop it. Anxiety tells us that we have fear or excitement. Usually the thing we need to change is how we think about a situation. Dwelling on things we have no power to change creates anxiety. We need to dwell on things that are in our control and responsibility. We can change what we dwell on.

More than using a drug to make you relax, in my opinion you would better benefit from learning how to relax. That starts in your own mind. Anxiety is not resolved with a medication. It is resolved by accepting fear and doubt as a normal part of life. There is a great deal of information out there about ways to accomplish self-control. We don't need to fear our emotions. We need to allow emotions to wash over us and dissipate. We need to dwell on what we can change.

Anxiety can occur just because we have something to deal with that we never faced before. Really no one can tell us how to deal with the facts in our own life. You may greatly benefit from getting a life coach or counselor to help you learn to make healthy decisions for yourself. Decision making only means to decide. We make all sorts of decisions all day long, so you already know how to make decisions.

I think maybe you want to never have to try something different that you had not experienced before. Life is not like that. Every situation and person's needs are different. There is no one right way to live life. There is a solution for fear of doing the wrong thing. We just have to step up and do what seems needed. If it doesn't work, then we step up and do something else. It is the same for all of us. You make up your mind to do what is needed. No one can do it for us or fix our fears.

To me, using a drug that lowers my mental capacity and sensitivity is scarier than just facing life as it is.

Love,

Last edited by yayagirl; 03-12-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I suggest you talking to a therapist...one who does cognitive behavioural therapy. It allows one to intervene in the cycle of irrational thoughts and replace them with rational ones.
    Risking the anxiety feelings and working through it while being in situations does improve confidence.

What are some things you are wanting to do?

q

Last edited by quincy; 03-12-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
    gal3323
    (female)

gal3323 HB User

Thanks for the advice. I want to go the store alone without being anxious though. I want to do anything I haven't try doing yet. I think I want to have confidence asking someone out without having anxiety. Thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-12-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Anxiety drugs can mask symptoms but they don't provide confidence. It is normal to feel some anxiety or self-consciousness when trying something new. Did you know that anxiety and excitement feel the same way? You can change the words you use and say to yourself, "I am excited to go to the store alone". or "I am excited to ask ...out".

No one gets confidence before they start doing things. Write down the words you want to say and read the words out loud.

The person my say yes, or may say no. It's the same for all of us.

Reply Reply