It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Overlapping symptoms between heart disease and anxiety

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
    AglaiaD
    (female)

AglaiaD HB User
    Question Overlapping symptoms between heart disease and anxiety

Hi Everyone -

I'm 40 (female) and seem to have health anxiety. Over the past decade we'vehad numerous significant health issues in my immediate family: my mom had emergency brain surgery, my dad had emergency brain surgery a year later, my mom had a stroke, then breast cancer, then ovarian cancer, and then my dad had angina, followed by an angiogram and a stent out in during an angioplasty. Two years ago a tumor was found in my neck. At first I was told it was cancer, and surgery five months later found that it was benign. During the surgery I had a complication that paralyzed one of my vocal cords, so first talking was strained, and now I still get out of breath easily.

For the past six months or so I've been experiencing dull pressure in the middle of my chest, mostly when I have massages, but as something that's alwqys there in the background. I've never had other chest pains, nor does it radiate to my arm, left side, or elsewhere. I had a full physical in December and everything was good, though I didn't mention this at the time as it wasn't really bothersome. My doctor took my blood pressure, pulse, listened to my heart and lungs, and said all was normal. I have been extremely tired, but have attributed it to working 12 hour days in a high stress environment. As I seem to have this health anxiety, I wonder though if I have coronary artery disease. I'm terrified of going back to the doctor to be out through endless tests and waiting again, and which in turn makes my anxiety skyrocket even more. I notice it mostly when hiking uphill.

So, my question is this: how much overlap can there be between anxiety and heart issues? Anyone else experience something similar? I'm seeing my doctor at the end of May and will mention it at that time, but would be nice to alleviate my fears a little before then.

Thank you,
    Aglaia

Last edited by AglaiaD; 04-16-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply