It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety is taking over

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
    Itsmeregic
    (female)

Itsmeregic HB User
    Anxiety is taking over

Well this is new for me and I will try and make it quick. Anxiety has been a part of my life for well over 10 years. I have been on so many different medications over those 10 years. I am currently on Duloxetine 120 mg. It has worked wonder for I'd say 4 years. All of a sudden things have changed. My anxiety is through the roof. I can't go places without feeling like I am going to pass out and the vertigo oh the vertigo. I can't go into big stores ie; walmart, malls without feeling like I can't get out fast enough. I be issues driving alone. I can do it but I often find different routes to avoid stops lights at big intersections. I feel insane for these things. Does anyone else have these sort of issues? Help is always welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
    re: Anxiety is taking over

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling this way. I can relate somewhat to your condition although mine is not as extreme as yours. Are you seeing a talk therapist? if not please do, anxiety is treated effectively by meds and therapy together. I really wish I had some other insight or advice but I don't. I feel your pain and rest assure you are not alone in your suffering.
    I am here if you wanna talk more in depth of your situation.
    Cheers

Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
    Frank Furter
    (male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
    Re: Anxiety is taking over

Yours is a common situation. Sounds like some agoraphobia could be developing. I'd get a physical exam first to make sure all is well physically. If so, maybe see a psychiatrist and get some different medication. Lots of new medications available for this type of problem.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
    Natural50
    (female)

Natural50 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Itsmeregic View Post
    Well this is new for me and I will try and make it quick. Anxiety has been a part of my life for well over 10 years. I have been on so many different medications over those 10 years. I am currently on Duloxetine 120 mg. It has worked wonder for I'd say 4 years. All of a sudden things have changed. My anxiety is through the roof. I can't go places without feeling like I am going to pass out and the vertigo oh the vertigo. I can't go into big stores ie; walmart, malls without feeling like I can't get out fast enough. I be issues driving alone. I can do it but I often find different routes to avoid stops lights at big intersections. I feel insane for these things. Does anyone else have these sort of issues? Help is always welcome.
    This is me to a T for over 10 years. I am convinced mine if linked to the peri menopause

Old 11-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
    hunterfan
    (female)

hunterfan HB User

Anxiety is tough to deal with. I have some anxiety but not on medication and never will. For the past months I have a lot going on. I started talking to our pastor and I'm glad I did. And I plan for another. I'm a type of person that keeps everything bottled upside. Talking to someone is really good. I had one appointment that I was so scared about and that appointment is over with. I'm still waiting to hear about something so my mind is not quite in the right place. I'm just hoping for the best and in the end everything will work out.

Reply Reply