It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Short of breath 24x7 don't feel anxious

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
    piperg

piperg HB User
    Short of breath 24x7 don't feel anxious

Always had some level of anxiety, and I have been recovering and doing well from long illness (although I admit I worried pretty excessively during that time).

About 3 weeks ago I woke up short of breath, palpitations in chest/neck, continued for a few days, went to doctor blood tests EKG negative. Pulmonary tests negative. Had horrible trouble breathing and went to ER. Echocardiagram, CT scan negative.All blood tests negative.

The problem is I don't "feel" anxious, but it feels like my body is responding to being anxious. Otherwise I feel ok.

Do any of you have constant shortness of breath but don't really feel all that anxious??

I have been laying low the last few weeks as I try to figure this out. Seeing an Endocrinologist tomorrow to make sure this isn't some kind adrenal imbalance.
    Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
    thinmatches
    (male)

thinmatches HB User
    Re: Short of breath 24x7 don't feel anxious

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job with seeing doctors to try and figure out whats wrong. It's too often that I see people try and sweep issues under the rug and pretend they aren't there. I really to commend your tenacity.

I assume that because your tests didn't find a problem that your doctors may have speculated what might be occurring and offer help with symptom relief? If not, it might be a good idea to keep pursuing the issue with your primary care doctor.

As for myself, shortness of breath hasn't really been an issue. I was trained to use breathing techniques to deal with panic and anxiety, so really, I'm not sure if I'd notice shortness of breath from those things anymore. Breathing techniques may help you too. Google around and find some stress or anxiety reduction related breathing techniques.

I did have a thought... stress can lead to anxiety, but just stress alone could cause most or all of your symptoms. If you have new stressors or have been chronically over-stressed, then it might be a good idea to try and reduce your stress level and see if it helps. Take some time in nature, an aimless stroll around a park or take some quiet alone time to focus on your newly leaned breathing techniques.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
    johnpage66
    (male)

johnpage66 HB User
    Re: Short of breath 24x7 don't feel anxious

Stress does crazy things. I get that stuff too, like you can't get a full breath but aren't anxious. I do have some super bad stress going on though. My Wife is the same. We lost our Daughter at 8 years old in 2010 and have had a ton of stress since....if docs find nothing I'll guess it's stress. Be well my friend!

Old 11-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
    Frank Furter
    (male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
    Smile Re: Short of breath 24x7 don't feel anxious

Anxiety can cause shortness of breath but it disappears once the anxiety goes away. Constant shortness of breath could mean other problems involved. Sounds as though you're healthy though.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety disorder