It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Diet Causing Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
    brand1130
    (male)

brand1130 HB User
    Diet Causing Anxiety

Hello everyone, I have been suffering with anxiety for about 14 years now. I've never found a doctor that was able to explain my situation. But they have been able to treat it fairly effectively.

Basically, certain food cause panic attacks, and others don't. I am quite certain that it is a specific chemical or combination of chemicals because the exact same foods cause panic attacks everytime, and any food that does not cause anxiety, never causes anxiety.

Here is an example of two beverages:

Turkey Hill Diet Iced Tea - Causes quick and severe panic.
    WATER, TEA, CITRIC ACID, ASPARTAME*, SODIUM CITRATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE.

Crystal Lite Iced Tea - No anxiety.
    CITRIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, INSTANT TEA, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, ASPARTAME, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL FLAVOR, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, RED 40 LAKE, RED 40, YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1 LAKE, BHA (PRESERVES FRESHNESS).

Both of these foods use aspartame as an artificial sweetener. Both have caffeine. Does anybody looking at these two have any idea what in the Turkey Hill iced tea would be causing my anxiety? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
    JLS08
    (female)

JLS08 HB User
    Re: Diet Causing Anxiety

I could be completely wrong about this but the main difference I see is one is made with tea and the other is made with instant tea. I looked up caffeine content online and read that regular tea can have 25mgs of caffeine where it looks like instant tea only has 5mgs of caffeine. Again, I could be wrong. I'm only going by what I found online, but you may want to look up more info on it .

Reply Reply