It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Terrible Daily Stomach Aches

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #1
    cannoli31
    (male)

cannoli31 HB User
    Terrible Daily Stomach Aches

Iím so tired of waking up with a stomach ache due to chronic anxiety every morning, and then having stomach pains during the day. I know being out of work is a factor in this but itís hard to look for a job when you feel this way. Does anyone wake up every morning with stomach aches due to their anxiety due to thinking about having to face the day? How do you deal with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Terrible Daily Stomach Aches

Cannoli,
    I think there are times when everyone has an ache in their stomach worrying about something...I know it has happened to me plenty of times! The way I deal with it is to force myself to exercise. As much as I feel like I cant go- I make myself go to the gym or take an exercise class because I know when its over Ill feel better.

Exercise releases feel good endorphins which help set your internal body to feel good. Just working up a sweat for 15 minutes can really help you balance your stomach and your brain to get through the day. If you do not belong to a gym, take a walk....get on a bike...get outside and breathe fresh air. I promise it will help alleviate some of the anxiety you are feeling and put you in a better frame of mind to go hunt for a job!

Old 08-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear cannoli,

Another way to help oneself is to write some affirmative facts and post them on the mirrors and on the fridge and on the inside of the front door so you can see them frequently, Read them out loud and tell yourself the truth.

You ARE going to get a job. You ARE safe. You CAN make necessary changes. You HAVE a place to live.

Be patient with yourself. Things do not happen instantly, and change is not always easy for any of us. How you feel is totally normal for what you are going through.

You are going to get through this period of time in your life, hon!

Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 AM   #4
    cannoli31
    (male)

cannoli31 HB User

Thank you YaYa. That helps. Its the Depression also that is killing me. I feel empty. Almost like the real me is gone. Its so painful right now.

Last edited by cannoli31; 08-06-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
    cannoli31
    (male)

cannoli31 HB User

im going to exercise with someone tomorrow. its just so hard when you are feeling this way as well as depressed to motivate yourself. and the feeling good part might not happen for a while.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear cannoli,

I can see you feel so defeated by what you are going through, but I really believe you are going to feel more like a conqueror for the things you are choosing to face. There are times when motivated means we are doing jumping jacks. Other times motivation means taking one step after another.

Don't expect yourself to feel like a conqueror right now. Don't expect yourself to even feel 'motivated'. For now you are making yourself go through the motions. Sometimes that is all we can do, but doing that proves you are motivated.

We can tell ourselves that motivation means high energy. But that isn't factual. There are times that real motivation is demonstrated by taking one small step at a time.

Hon, don't beat yourself up for your emotions. You are perfectly normal. You have been going through a lot. Give yourself permission to be where you are at and feel what you feel. Those are honest emotions. Honest emotions do not represent failure.

One thing I do when under duress is to make sure that I keep my space organized and neat, clothes washed, showered, and make sure to eat responsibly. Give yourself some kind of treat, too, after you do your exercise, or accomplish a goal.
    Chin up: one step at a time.

Last edited by yayagirl; 08-06-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #7
    cannoli31
    (male)

cannoli31 HB User

Hi YaYaGirl,

Thanks so much for the kind words and support. It means a lot and helps me get through. I did the exercise this morning and although sore, it did help lesson the focus on what I have been experiencing. I plan on doing more and going for a hike as well. Getting a new job will help with my self esteem but that can take time. I'm going to try to take one step at a time to accomplish this and feeling better like you said. Its the getting stuck in my own head and resulting emptiness while I'm alone at home during that day that kills me. I'm going to try to get out and do some job searching online away from the house. I'm hoping that will help.
    I have been keeping things clean, showering, and treating myself to a nice dinner like you suggested. I think that helps as well.

Reply Reply