It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Yearly bloodwork.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
    leyash33
    (female)

leyash33 HB User
    Yearly bloodwork.

Gah.

I've been on Celexa for about a year now. It works pretty good about 95% of the time. I've only had two panic attacks in the last 13 months, so I call that a win.

My main area of anxiety is related to my health. I am ALWAYS, like, 24/7 afraid that I am going to like, just croak, any second now. Like, I had heart palpitations last week (heart skipping beats) which is EXTREMELY common in people with anxiety, but good grief, it kept me up at night because I was afraid I was going to pass in my sleep. :/ Goodness gracious.

Anyway, I went today to go get my celexa refilled and she was like, "Oh, let's do some bloodwork on you."

Great. So now, I get to sit here for the next 2, 3, 4+ days, waiting for the dreaded results to come in and hope to GOD that I am okay and nothing is wrong. She ordered a CMP, lipid, and TSH panel.

Also, I had this same bloodwork done about 13-14 months ago, and the only thing was that my "good" cholesterol was a little low. I was also a smoker back then, so yeah. Hoping for GREAT results this time... but I've gained a little weight.

Also, blood pressure was 145/90 the first time. She gave me a minute, I calmed down and she took it again - was 129/87. So, not GREAT, but not awful, either. Ugh. My blood pressure is a big "trigger" for me as well.

Anyone else FREAK out about test results, even when there's no obvious reason to worry?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
    Mariabbb
    (female)

Mariabbb HB User
    Re: Yearly bloodwork.

Hi,

I always freak out about my yearly blood work! I'm always anxious waiting for the results, and when they come in if anything is even slightly off I call my doctor and ask "what does this mean?" And of course, I Google the results.

Good luck with your results.

Last edited by Mariabbb; 09-13-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
    Frank Furter
    (male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
    Wink Re: Yearly bloodwork.

I always dread that call from the doctor's office.

One clue, if the nurse is calling with my results, I know nothing serious is wrong. If the doctor calls himself, then I know something more serious is afoot.

My tests are usually good except for high cholesterol. I do take a statin and that has done a good job on the cholesterol.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I think its normal to be anxious about any test results. The world around us is always marketing terrible diseases, side effects of drugs and potential hazzards of not seeing your doctor. Why wouldn't we be nervous when we have so much negative information surrounding us?

I myself just had blood work and have a reason to be screened and until those results come back, I am a nervous wreck because if they come back anything but normal, it could be negatively life changing!

You are not alone.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm 72 and only once in my life ever had any bloodwork value that was high- billirubin when I had gallbladder problems. Once it was out, that went back to normal. my doctor has had results available online for about 10 years now and I still pause before I click on the link----and with no history of any issues! Dumb but we all do the "what if."

As for the heart palps, I learned a trick from a magazine story. It will usually right itself if you do a HARD cough (like coughing lung up). Try it and see if it works.

Reply Reply