It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Feeling overwhelmed

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
    Hope9818
    (female)

Hope9818 HB User
    Unhappy Feeling overwhelmed

Hi everyone. Iím new to the forum. I have been suffering from anxiety on and off for a long time now. About 30 years. This past year has been really hard for me. I always think of the worst case scenarios when something happens. I never think of positives only negative. I canít enjoy things anymore.

For example, our extended family wants to go on a nice vacation. I think of all the bad things that will happen. The plane will be delayed, there will be a snow storm the day we leave, it will rain, everyone will argue, Iíll have stomach issues (my anxiety causes tummy problems).

Or Iíll want to go to the beach but then I think about the traffic and crowds and having panic attack in car. Then I donít want to go anymore.

My son has to go to court for an accident where he is being sued for damages to a car. I think of all the horrible things that will happen like he will owe tons of money, he will be arrested, he will be fired from his job.

I know Iím rambling but looking for ideas to change my negative thoughts so I can enjoy things again. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Feeling overwhelmed

Hi Hope9818.

There is very little in this life that we have control over. The only things we can control are our thoughts, our actions and our reactions.

Have you ever worked with a Psychotherapist? If not I would really recommend doing so. A Therapist can help you with new coping skills and how to change your thought process.

A negative thought process creates more negativity. A positive thought process creates more positives. You have the ability to change your life by changing your thought process.

You can start by writing down positive things about you, your family ~ your life. What makes you happy. What are you grateful for. Look at all of the beauty that surrounds you ~ flowers, animals, trees, grass, children laughing, the sky/sun/moon/stars. You add whatever you find beautiful.

These are just some ideas but a Therapist will offer you much more to work with.

Take care.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
    Hope9818
    (female)

Hope9818 HB User

Really appreciate your response. I went to a psychologist years ago but need to go back to get back on track with my negative thinking.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #4
    johnpage66
    (male)

johnpage66 HB User

I have the same problem. Mine is because my Daughter was born with Spina bifida and she died in 2010. Everything that could go wrong did so that got me into that frame of mind. I try to think positive but it's so hard waiting for the bad things to happen all the time. Just know you are not alone..

Reply Reply