It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Severe Anxiety Somataform Disorder

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
    Blathanna77
    (female)

Blathanna77 HB User
    Severe Anxiety Somataform Disorder

Hi I suffer with severe anxiety and fear and have been diagnosed with Somataform disorder. I am severely debilitated because of the drowsiness drunkenness fullness in my head. Everything is getting worse. I only want to sleep because of this horrific constant drunkenness. Nothing is taking it away and medically they can't find anything that may be causing my dreadful fullness in my head. Cant focus or concrete or organise anything because I'm stumbling and staggering and my head hurts.

Its like a constant flu and pressure in my head. I'm thinking its something underlying besides anxiety and depression and think whatever that is is causing more anxiety and low mood. I cant take anything in either. I'm severely drowsy not with it. I feel really physically very ill and my psychiatrist says Somataform disorder can do that, but my brain MRIs say stable and no progression but I don't know what it is that's not progressing. My last Mri listed infective as a possible cause along with ischemia, inflammation so I asked my neurologist what infective means and he said just because something is listed doesn't necessarily mean that a person has a particular disease.

I'm very confused and frustrated because he did say I am critically ill and he knows I am really very unwell but he too says my symptoms are more likely from a somataform disorder and that he wouldn't recommend biopsy in my case, I having asked for it to see if it would shed more light.

I'm utterly destroyed from this awful woozy drunkenness every single day and its like I'm so far away from everything, everybody and don't know whether I'm coming or going. I struggle every day to keep my eyes open its so bad the drowsiness.

Do any of you experience this in your head. I'm really scared of it because I have no life because of it. It's just very very odd all of it and I'm getting no relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Re: Severe Anxiety Somataform Disorder

Hi! Have they tested for inner ear disorders such as vestibular neuritis or labrynthitis? Or maybe migraine? Ive felt the same way you describe for 4 years after a lot of stress in my life....i haven't been officially diagnosed with anything also im not taking anything for it but It sounds like it could be something vestibular. I feel drunk and heavy headed everyday like im falling over and dying literally..i was initially diagnosed with labrynthitis. I can barely type cause I feel so confused and disoriented most times😐

Old 09-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
    Blathanna77
    (female)

Blathanna77 HB User

Hi and thanks for your reply. I've been checked for vestibular issues. All clear. The best way I can describe what I'm feeling is I'm in that state of just when you awake, that bit in between waking from sleep. I'm like that all day every day for the past five years. I never felt anything like it, its like I do not wake up properly stuck in that bit of sleep awakening and conciseness if that makes sense. The bit where you're supposed to fully awake is not happening for me, so I'm in a constant drunkenness drowsiness state. Almost like when you awaken from anaesthetic, that woozy not with it feeling is constant with me.

Something has gone wrong for me to be feeling so zoned out constantly. Its not a normal state to be going around in. I hate it so much because I don't know why I'm in such a state. Somataform disorder is my diagnosis for that constant slow. lack of awakening I'm experiencing every day. That's the best way I can describe how my head feels and in that state its near impossible and extremely difficult to do anything.

I think its very strange and I don't know what to do.Looks like I will be in this sedated state like way I am and nothing can be done about it. Its shocking.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #4
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Very scary I have literally been the same exact way for 4 years...like in a dream state that i can't wake up out of 24/7! I was never properly diagnosed so I'm just now getting myself to the doctor to discuss it all...we may not have the same thing but know you arent alone. I cant concentrate or form simple sentences half the time I feel like I'm stupid and cant stop. good luck though I hope something can happen for you. Im trying to adopt a healthy life style of eating right and taking vitamins..dunno if it will work but at least Its a start.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
    Blathanna77
    (female)

Blathanna77 HB User

Hi and thanks. Sorry to hear you feeling this horrible way as well. It's so debilitating and my head just feels weird. Its the drowsiness drunkenness feeling that's distressing me the most because everything I try to do like the simplest of tasks is all affected. The doing is extremely hard. I'm either stumbling into things or hitting myself off things. No spacial awareness.

I wonder what this is. I'm disconnected from everything. Its very strange and bewildering. Saw my psychiatrist today and she upped my seraquel. Don't know if that will help. They said there is plenty of room to adjust the dosage. I dunno what to think anymore honestly I don't. I'm scared of this way I am. All muddled and disconnected, zero motivation or interest or focus and concentration. All totally wrong and i feel so uncomfortable in my own body as well. Do you experience that as well? I think its very strange like zombie not awakening at all.

Everything is all just wrong and maybe I am crazy if absolutely nothing is working properly. I'm scared its schizophrenia because I'm very ill and I'm a bit strange ill admit. My brain is not functioning right that's all I know. Its all mixed up and very very tired.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
    Chellybean18
    (female)

I feel as though I am absolutely trapped in my body...like there is no escape and it terrifies me...im a bit strange sometimes and mental illness runs in my family such as depression/schizophrenia.. but I just will not accept that I'm mental it could be derealization/depersonalization disorder...possibly. Idk I dont take anything for my illness yet but I can totally relate to everything you are saying. Mine all started after some extreme stress so I'm thinking my brain just reset on me honestly! Who knows. Maybe your medicine will kick in and work just stay positive!

Old 09-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #7
    Blathanna77
    (female)

Blathanna77 HB User

Good for you for staying so positive. Yes you could be right that its depersonalization or something like that. Its horrific whatever it is and I must really try to stay positive. Don't know about the medication to be honest. I'm not feeling any better on it. I just have to wait and see and go to my therapies and psychiatrists. Its very hard though to go though like it is everything else.

I hope its not schizophrenia and that I will get better. Thanks for your replies. At least I know I'm not alone with my symptoms. That helps to know I'm not alone. Best of luck to you too and I hope you get better. Hopefully we will both get better.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #8
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Good luck to you too! I try to stay positive as I can lol but don't worry there are other medications to try and maybe something will give soon. Whatever happens just dont give up. I think we will be ok one day!

Reply Reply