It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dealing With a lot

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
    hunterfan
    (female)

hunterfan HB User
    Dealing With a lot

Right now I'm dealing with a lot. A head issue, Ear issue, and having small hot spells,waiting to hear from Social Security Disability if I'm approved for benefits. This has been tough on me but I have going to visits with our pastor. Also have one appointment coming up that I am scared and want that day to be over with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Dealing With a lot

Hi Hunterfan, I am sorry you are so overwhelmed. Anxiety is tough to deal with an waiting for disability is really stressful.

You said you have an appointment coming up and you can't wait for that to be over with. I wasn't clear if you meant an appointment with your pastor- or a medical appointment. Either way- the only thing you can do is either call and ask to make the appointment sooner OR keep your mind off it until the day of the appointment.

I have been given some great advice in my life which goes like this....do not worry about things which have not happened yet because you have no control over them. Also, worrying about something that hasn't happened yet means you are going to either go through it twice (before it happens and once it happens) OR if it NEVER happens, think of all the wasted energy you spent worrying! The point of this is we can only control what we can control. The one thing you can control is what you do while you are waiting. Find some good movies on TV- read a good book- binge something you never though you would have time to watch- and keep yourself busy until your appointment. Once that day comes- make a list of the things you need to remember to talk about or ask- and be sure to ask if they have any suggestions on how to handle whatever news you get.

You sound like a very normal person who is scared of an outcome...try not to be because at this time there is nothing to be afraid of.

Good luck!

Old 11-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
    hunterfan
    (female)

hunterfan HB User
    Re: Dealing With a lot

Thank you for reply. I meet with my pastor on Thursday. And my medical appointment next Monday. That can't be moved up. That was set in September. I think once I get through all of this I will be fine. So hoping this anxiety is short-term.

Reply Reply