It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Tired of this feeling

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User
    Tired of this feeling

I'm constantly feeling shortness of breath even though my doc says my lungs sound good, no wheezing, normal O2. It's been on and off for years but when it happens it can last up to a month and no one can explain it. Really got me on edge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Tired of this feeling

Could be reflux.

Have you had imaging done? If not...push for it.

q

Old 03-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #3
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Could be reflux.

Have you had imaging done? If not...push for it.

q
    Yeah, I've had imaging done. Nothing found 😯

Old 03-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear alwyzscrd,

Could this be from anxiety?
    Short breaths can be the cause of what you experience.

Athletes can learn how to control their breathing. Perhaps you would benefit from some physical therapy training in how to control your breathing so it is even and deep enough.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #5
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear alwyzscrd,

Could this be from anxiety?
    Short breaths can be the cause of what you experience.

Athletes can learn how to control their breathing. Perhaps you would benefit from some physical therapy training in how to control your breathing so it is even and deep enough.
    It's possible it is from anxiety. I've got too much going on right now. I had it yesterday again but didn't last very long and wasn't too intense. I'm going to be seeing a cardiologist Monday morning then I psych Tuesday. I have a pulmonologist in April. It's hard to balance all this stuff along with work, wife recovering from back surgery, kids. Just so burnt out and tired but jittery and restless at the same time.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alwyzscrd View Post
    I'm constantly feeling shortness of breath even though my doc says my lungs sound good, no wheezing, normal O2.
    Could you have problems with asthma? There are two kinds of asthma, allergic asthma and non-allergic (or environmental,chemical) asthma.

In my case my breathing issues can be allergic asthma from pollen or cats or dogs or dust among others. Or... it can be non-allergic asthma, which can be irritated by odors, chemicals, inks, dyes, etc.

My most common asthma symptom is what I call "labored" breathing. It just takes a little conscious effort to breath and I can't take a deep breath without extra effort.

I am on asthma medication. Without it, I would probably have more restrictive and difficult breathing.

Just curious about what your shortness of breath feels like and how bad is it? Is it all day long? Do you have more breathing problems at night?

Quote:
    Really got me on edge.
    Stress can really make symptoms worse. At the same time, when there is an asthmatic reaction, the adrenals pump excess hormones into one's body in a rescue effort. These adrenal hormones, including Adrenalin, can make someone more hyper and anxious. So... if you are having some kind of environmental reaction, whether asthma or not, it could be a reason why you are so stressed out and anxious.

Just throwing out some things to think about, from my own personal issues.

Take care, best of luck Bob!

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #7
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
    Could you have problems with asthma? There are two kinds of asthma, allergic asthma and non-allergic (or environmental,chemical) asthma.

In my case my breathing issues can be allergic asthma from pollen or cats or dogs or dust among others. Or... it can be non-allergic asthma, which can be irritated by odors, chemicals, inks, dyes, etc.

My most common asthma symptom is what I call "labored" breathing. It just takes a little conscious effort to breath and I can't take a deep breath without extra effort.

I am on asthma medication. Without it, I would probably have more restrictive and difficult breathing.

Just curious about what your shortness of breath feels like and how bad is it? Is it all day long? Do you have more breathing problems at night?

Stress can really make symptoms worse. At the same time, when there is an asthmatic reaction, the adrenals pump excess hormones into one's body in a rescue effort. These adrenal hormones, including Adrenalin, can make someone more hyper and anxious. So... if you are having some kind of environmental reaction, whether asthma or not, it could be a reason why you are so stressed out and anxious.

Just throwing out some things to think about, from my own personal issues.

Take care, best of luck Bob!
    The breathing problems come and go. They usually start shortly after waking up and last until the evening where it starts to diminish. I feel like I have to take a deep breath every once in a while. I was thinking asthma as well. I don't have the classic symptoms like wheezing and coughing, just the feeling of shortness of breath. I'm scheduled to see a pulmonologist in April. I'm currently at a cardiologist office right now to have my heart checked out.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User

Cardiologist said EKG looks good and heart sounds good. Went to ER on Saturday morning. I woke up with palpitations. Everything came back ok. Followed up with my primary on Tuesday and explained all my symptoms. The shortness of breath was happening while I was there. He didn't here anything abnormal in my heart or lungs. O2 was good but blood pressure was slightly elevated as I was very anxious. He thinks maybe anxiety. The psychiatrist upped my Zoloft from 100 to 150 but I haven't felt any improvement. I go in to see a psychologist today and my pulmonologist is tomorrow. My work and personal life is really suffering. I called in sick on Tuesday. Luckily I had some training I could do from home yesterday afternoon and today. I'm kinda just waiting to slip away or be carted off the morgue. It feels that bad. My head feels like it's full of cotton or something and I just feel zoned out all the time. God I hate this.😪

Reply Reply